C4 Forums | Control4

Yale Lock Problem

Have had a handful of entry codes in my Yale lock for months (push button version, installed a while ago), no new codes. Recently several of the codes no longer operate the unit, not even the master code.

As I understand it, the issue might be that something is out of sync in the C4 driver. Solution is apparently to re-sync. I'm pending dealer's help on this.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Just surprised at this and worried that this may lead to someone being locked out.

I have no other C4 system issues (HC800 and 200 controllers), no zigbee problems, full batteries.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much.

No thoughts, but I have the Yale locks on some exterior doors but not all, and this is the type of reason I won't trust it exclusively.

I guess you could still hide the key somewhere outside...

First, let's clarify. This is a Yale created driver, not a Control4 driver.

To answer your question, I have 6 codes for the last two years and haven’t missed a beat. How many codes do you have?

Matt

Thanks very much for the replies.

Have 4 codes, the same ones since installation. All codes have worked well until now. Have not added codes/changed anything, not even launched app. Nothing in my system has changed. As noted, batteries are good.

Lock installed just after it was released for C4 (I think ~ 1 yr, maybe less).

I was under the impression the codes are stored in the lock itself and thus not clear how C4 or driver would have anything to do with this. Got mixed messages from Yale (need to reset lock, need to sync C4 driver-BTW, I see under HE an entry for this but not sure what it does, "it it not the lock but C4", "we see this", etc).

Have asked dealer to RMA for me. A bit unhappy about this I must say!

Archived