C4 Forums | Control4

You might find this amusing.

In Australia (and the majority of the world) due to the cost of distributorship / taxation Control4 costs quite a bit more then in the US. As such pricing is generally double (if not more) that of the US pricing. $1000 for a second hand HC300 is actually a steal in Australia. Having said that though its old technology and i would still recommend purchasing a HC250 over the HC300.

Please don't turn this thread into discussion about high pricing from distributors as its been done so many times before. I have no control over the pricing. The debate has been done to death. Don't start it up again.

True, don't need to rehash world economics but at the other end of the spectrum, here in the USA you can buy the lowly 300 for $150USD. With that said, it now becomes a decision to go with seemingly more power of the 250 or stick with the bullet-proof 300 at less than half the cost (USD). It's all very interesting isn't it?

Right. I was referring to the 300 as a supplemental device to a 1000/300 or 800. I have no issues with older tech pulling-up OSD- it's fast here. I do hear that 250 will bring it on sooner but as those in the know here have already stated, how fast is "fast"?

I don't doubt you. But, we're only talking about OSD (?) which doesn't get used a hell of a lot. I worked hard to milk the wee wee out of existing tech from 2008 and the family is happy. I know you guys know there is something better but like I've said before, what do expect the wife and kids to expect? 186,000 MPS perf.??

It's only a matter of time for me (like till the end of tonight) unit I place the order for new controllers and the TSs. Tomorrow is deadline (end of C4 fiscal 1/4 or something?) for order on TS campaign...

I don't doubt you. But, we're only talking about OSD (?) which doesn't get used a hell of a lot. I worked hard to milk the wee wee out of existing tech from 2008 and the family is happy. I know you guys know there is something better but like I've said before, what do expect the wife and kids to expect? 186,000 MPS perf.??

On-screen, director, and zigbee. Overall system performance is faster. You're going from a 400mhz or so cpu in the 200/300s to a 1+ghz (forget exactly what the 250 has) and a new zigbee chip too.

On-screen, list navigator on remotes, 2-way ip/serial (third party drivers mostly), etc.

Archived