C4 Forums | Control4

Yale

cdepaola

So all the pictures show just one side of the lock, does it come with the other side and if it does is it a throw or key?

Anyone have the push button and what do you think of it? Trying to decide between the touch and the button for my back and side doors

I assume you're asking about the 'back' (inside) side.

Mine are the touchscreen version, which I love.

The back of the unit has a throw, not a key, and a battery cover door which has a screw lock (i.e. you close the battery door, and screw the screw in so it doesn't move or come out without removing the screw first).

RyanE

I assume you're asking about the 'back' (inside) side.

Mine are the touchscreen version, which I love.

The back of the unit has a throw, not a key, and a battery cover door which has a screw lock (i.e. you close the battery door, and screw the screw in so it doesn't move or come out without removing the screw first).

RyanE

When phones with NFC start working with this lock, i would switch, but i find i can enter my code on my kwikset much faster than on the touch screen Yale. Although i've only installed a couple so i haven't been able to use one all that much.

Do you get used to the touchscreen having to be woken up before entering a password?

Do you get used to the touchscreen having to be woken up before entering a password?

Yeah, that's not an issue.

My biggest issue with them is when the batteries run low (my front door touchscreen is used 15-20 times a day, manually unlocked more, and auto-lock ON), the touchscreen becomes less responsive.

I have to eventually press with my *thumb* to get the numbers to register. I know once it gets to that point, it's time to replace the batteries.

RyanE

Wow, my dealer had one of these in stock so I got to check it out and I'm glad. It's way cool but it's huge.

I need to look at other locks like the Baldwin or Kwikset to see their size. But these other locks don't have the functionality of the Yale do they? I really like the yale's ability to have codes that work only on specific days and times. I've seen a few users here in Naperville, I'm at 127th and 59, do any of you have the Baldwin or Kwikset locks I could look at?

• 3 months later...

The Yale lock specifically says not to use rechargable batteries, I had not noticed that before. On I'm sure an unrelated note, my front door Yale "5" died on the touchscreen. I hope this is an isolated incident and not a design defect.

I think it is getting taken care of today by my dealer. Yes it is just the 5. Might be a good thing to watch out for, there obviously is no self-test that caught it, and if I didn't have codes with 5's I wouldn't have even known about it. I have 4 Yale's and 2 of them have had "buttons" go bad but on the other one it was a physical button.

Archived