C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset Door Lock Install Cost

I am in the process of building a new home and was just quoted a price for a Quikset Contemporary SmartCode Zigbee door lock that seems really high.

I googled and the msrp is $264 and it is available on Amazon for $204.

What is a fair price to install and program the door lock from the installer if they are already there for other reasons?

What is a fair price to have an installer come and program the door lock (I can install it myself) if I chose not to go with the low-volt vendor option?

I was quoted $644 for the lock and install...

"fair price" depends a *lot* on install location, availability and experience of the installer.

I'd be wary of purchasing the Kwikset lock online. Some have tried, and found that it was not compatible with their Control4 system. The *only* one guaranteed to work with the Control4 system is the Kwikset lock sold through Control4.

I don't *know* that purchasing the ZigBee version on-line won't be compatible with Control4, but if you go that route, make sure the return policy is generous, just in case.

RyanE

the only zigbee unit that works is the version built for use with control 4.

Also the unit you googled was not a C4 comptible unit. This subject comes up once every few months and the outcome is always the same, you need the C4 version to work within the system.

I've had a little back and forth with my carpenter and C4 guy about lock install issues (I pretty much refuse to touch the things after my dealer broke one of them trying to install it). Long story. My carpenter says anybody selling a $400 lock should install it. Silly guy!

I've had a little back and forth with my carpenter and C4 guy about lock install issues (I pretty much refuse to touch the things after my dealer broke one of them trying to install it). Long story. My carpenter says anybody selling a $400 lock should install it. Silly guy!

using that logic then HD should be installing all of their windows, doors, locks, lights and they should paint my house too. :cool:

Archived