C4 Forums | Control4

C4 and Sonos can no longer see music

Hi,

New setup, been up for a couple weeks.

I just recently installed the Sonos application on my computer so that I could share the itunes library and a library on my Windows Home Server.

After doing that and using an iPad to test all the music showed up in the C4 control panel through the Sonos app. We have 2 Sonos Connect's (2 zones) cabled to the network with static IP's.

So then like 10 minutes the music list was still there but there was no sound. Then not long after the music wasn't showing up either, on either zone. We decided to turn everything off and turn back on, didn't help.

Is there something that could of happened by adding the Sonos program to my computer? What else could of happened?

I don't know the C4 system at all, so if you need me to look at something please post specific instructions if possible, thanks.

Please help!

^. Ok As someone who has lived with Sonos now for over 5 years, and the EV C4<>Sonos solution for 18 months or so, it may help you to explain how things work. :)

All that the EV driver does is add additional software control on top of the Sonos platform. In effect it is a very clever software tool that binds the individual Sonos zones with Control4 zones that have been set up in Composer. This has to be done by a dealer with access to Composer Pro. The C4 EV driver doesn't tell Sonos where to access the music share. This is bolted down within Sonos.

So if you are having trouble getting Sonos to access a music share on you itunes library, then this is fundamentally a Sonos problem. Because it is Sonos that is directing where to find/play and stream the music. Not Control4.

So the problem you are having is a Sonos one. You need to go back into the Sonos setup and rescan/ re set up the music shares within SONOS. Under manage>music library settings>music library

Hi Wappinghigh, thanks for the response.

I have rescanned the music directory multiple times and it didn't do anything. It feels like once I added the Sonos programs and added the directorys it screwed everything with Sonos up for some reason.

We were able to play XM through sonos before adding the program so I don't know.

With C4 does the music directorys have to be added via Composer??

Thanks again

If you're having trouble when using one of our drivers (even if as Wappinghigh has suggested it's unlikely that the problem is with the driver) you should *always* get your dealer to put a support ticket on our helpdesk. We can rule out a lot of things in a very short space of time that will help resolve the problem much quicker.

Archived