C4 Forums | Control4

SR 250 4 not working-GUI gone

Hey all I have HC 800 connected to a single TV. Up until a few days ago, the large 4 on the remote triggered my on screen GUI. Now it does nothing. I tried rebooting the 800 but no luck.

Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

When you say nothing, does it not turn on TV or change inputs? Or it does but you SEE nothing.

If it IS turning on the TV, do so and THEN restart the 800, you should see the unit start-up on the screen. If not it's quite likely as simple as a loose or bad cable.

Start-up does show? You're likely looking at a bigger issue and may want to consider calling your dealer to have a look....

When I press the 4, the TV does not even turn on. However the remote turns on the tv if I WATCH TV or Bly ray or apple tv. When I am in the middle of watching tv and press the 4, there is no changing of inputs or anything else that I normally see when switching from 1 source to another.

I have already gotten my dealer involved but we have not resolved this yet so I'm looking for other thoughts here.

Thanks again.

How it could have happened is one question but, if the TV isnt turning on, is the remote stating you are watching the GUI (controller name - if it's a SR-250)? If not, the system believes there is either no pathway to the TV for the on-screen, or no available controller is set to be the GUI provider for that room.

If it does, well good question. As a dealer I'd be looking at re-identifying the controller if not deleting it's driver and re-adding it from scratch and see if it works then. Possibly a back-up and restore... All this together would constitute an hour or maybe 2 so I'm hoping your dealer's done this already....

Sounds like a bindings issue. Either the HC800 HDMI out isn't bound to an input on the TV or it isn't bound as the OSD for the room the TV is in. Or the navigator server is turned off of course.

Archived