C4 Forums | Control4

Mini Touch Screen - Network Issue

Tim

We have an Ethernet Mini Touch Screen v2 running version 1.7.4.36. I recently reassigned the static ips in my house and have issued new ips to all Mini Touch Screens. On one touch screen, it locked up on restarting the network connection. I unplugged it from the POE switch, waited, and plugged it back in. Now it does not show the network access icon under info nor does it see the director. We have done the button sequences to reset the network configuration as well as the factory defaults. This did not work. We have also reflashed the unit with a USB. That did not work either. We have removed the unit from the wall and have directly connected it into the POE switch to verify there are no cabling issues. We get POE power fine and we get an IO blinking light from the network. Any thoughts?

To make sure there wasn't an issue with the static IPs, we did set all the devices to DHCP. It didn't make a difference. The mini touch screen still did not display the network icon so it could be programmed nor does it see the director. Any other thoughts?

The next steps would be using a factory restore - preferable version 1.6 or 1.3.2 for MTS screens - (yes I know you said you did this, make sure it actually runs too - it should say so on the screen) and checking if it functions through system manager, setting network through there if required.

A dissapearing network icon most likely is due to 1 of 3 things:

-Network card is busted

-Software corruption

-The screen errendously loading a MTS wifi image instead of PoE image.

The latter two can be fixed with a recovery/restore stick as mentioned, the first means you're stuck...

Archived