C4 Forums | Control4

My movies

Yeah, it's a weakness of Control4's "8-Track Era" media management system. To get box sets to show up you need a movie entry for each disc as well. Totally ridiculous!! LMAO

Well, CD era but point taken.

But for the box set - exactly how else would you select induvidual discs? Or if it's a file - nothing prevents you from combining it into one file - means one entry....

^ Oh I didn't deny it could use a change at all. But expecting a drill down within the context of the C4 interface is extremely involving as it would require a major overhaul in the actual overal interface.

Not that I wouldn't like to see it, but if C4's doing that, why stop there, why not have all the Alien Movies in a drill down (or all the Twilight movies depending on your preference ;)).

Music management in particular is terribly outdated, Movies I'm less concerned with - as far as lay-out goes. More options for files it can scan, sub-genres etc is something I'd much rather see then a drill down for discs or episodes.

^ Oh I didn't deny it could use a change at all. But expecting a drill down within the context of the C4 interface is extremely involving as it would require a major overhaul in the actual overal interface.

Not that I wouldn't like to see it, but if C4's doing that, why stop there, why not have all the Alien Movies in a drill down (or all the Twilight movies depending on your preference ;)).

Music management in particular is terribly outdated, Movies I'm less concerned with - as far as lay-out goes. More options for files it can scan, sub-genres etc is something I'd much rather see then a drill down for discs or episodes.

Control4 fix media Management? Good luck on that. Easier to use a third party for media management. Also, you need to include multiple options for the meta tag libraries. There is more out there than My Movies or Gracenote.

Any file should play, and not be limited by the Controller. I already found my Music and Movie software, but I won't mention it.

Nitro...

It seems we agree "a major overhaul" is what the effort would take.

Same as if you don't maintain your bathroom - at some point it's going to need to be gutted - likely sooner rather than later.

i prefer to just let XBMC handle my movie managment and just use control4 for the music management.... which isn't that great.

Control4 for music management? What is that? Oh, it seems to only a few files. I gave up on XBMC long ago... over on avsforum they call it a highschool science project.

i prefer to just let XBMC handle my movie managment and just use control4 for the music management.... which isn't that great.

Control4 for music management? What is that? Oh' date=' it seems to only a few files. I gave up on XBMC long ago... over on avsforum they call it a highschool science project.[/quote']

I will be switching to my squeezebox for music management, once the driver gets released.

Archived