C4 Forums | Control4

iPad Mini

tebery

Is there any way to get the door station with cam to work on anything other than the 7'' Tablet with Cam? I see the Ipad's work but I wont be using one of those as Im not an apple guy. I may buy a droid tablet but I cant see why a droid phone wont work by itself as it has a larg enough screen to see and it plays videos etc. Would one of a few of you fine people explain this issue to me please and if possible provide a way to fix this issue?

I am in the process of wiring the perimeter of my home with cams and I know they will work with a droid so I am confused.

Thanks,

The doorstation, as it stands ONLY works within the intercom functionality - so to hear it: infinity 7" or 7" with camera (wall or portable), camera is ONLY visible on 7" with camera. There's stuff in the works third-party to make it usuable in other settings, but from what I've seen it's not 100% and/or requires a LOT of "specialized" set-up - which is of course costly.

From an official standpoint from C4 - in otherwords opening up intercom and the doorcam "officially" to the MyHome apps etc - don't expect anything at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Would be a killer feature to be able to remotely video intercom into the TSs to talk to the kids' date=' etc.[/quote']

its called face time....

Even if someone had an ipad mini mounted on the wall of every room, I doubt it would really work that way. Could you broadcast to all of the units? In order to select a specific room each would have to have its own address/account.

I agree I don't need C4 to video chat with portable devices, phones or tablets. There are multiple ways including facetime. I do think it would be valuable to be able to remote into the fixed video intercom system that I have already installed.

Archived