C4 Forums | Control4

Yellow WiFi light on HC-300

I've started having issues with my system- its getting pretty frustrating! What can cause the WiFi light on the HC-300 to be yellow? My current issues include losing control from the remotes as well as programmed events from keypads (turning TV on, rooms off, etc). Sometimes a full reboot helps, other times it doesn't. My primary controller is a HC-500. I know this is very little info to go and I'm not looking for complete resolution- I'm really interested in finding out the meaning of the Yellow indicator to help start my troubleshooting process. Thanks for any ideas!

Mike

I've started having issues with my system- its getting pretty frustrating! What can cause the WiFi light on the HC-300 to be yellow? My current issues include losing control from the remotes as well as programmed events from keypads (turning TV on, rooms off, etc). Sometimes a full reboot helps, other times it doesn't. My primary controller is a HC-500. I know this is very little info to go and I'm not looking for complete resolution- I'm really interested in finding out the meaning of the Yellow indicator to help start my troubleshooting process. Thanks for any ideas!

Mike

I had the same issue. The hc300 controlled my audio which resulted initially in static on all my speakers. Eventually I got a dead controller with a yellow wifi light. I just assumed it was a faulty power supply.

Also called Level2 recovery. I would strongly advise getting a dealer involved...

As a side note, this is most often caused by multiple reboots in short order or numerous reboots over a longer (but still short as in once or twice a week) period of time - so check that.

Thanks- I've got a note out to my dealer. He's a bit slow to respond so I usually try to do as much as I can before I get him involved. The system has done this a few times over the past year. The yellow light just goes on by itself- and I lose all zigby functions. Thanks again for the info.

Archived