C4 Forums | Control4

Concord 4 wiring questions (UPDATED)

abeasst

I am installing a Concord 4 alarm system. My question is I'm in stalling the automation module so I can hook it up to the control4, but both the main touchpad and the automation module say to connect to the same wiring terminals on the main concord panel. Do I hook them both up to the same terminal or do I have to buy some kind of splitter?

I am installing a Concord 4 alarm system. My question is I'm in stalling the automation module so I can hook it up to the control4, but both the main touchpad and the automation module say to connect to the same wiring terminals on the main concord panel. Do I hook them both up to the same terminal or do I have to buy some kind of splitter?

Couldn't remember (I installed mine myself), but just ran down and looked.

My keypad and RS232 automation module both share the exact four terminals.

Ground / + 12v / BUS A / BUS B

Everything works great here.

Hope this helps!

I am installing a Concord 4 alarm system. My question is I'm in stalling the automation module so I can hook it up to the control4' date=' but both the main touchpad and the automation module say to connect to the same wiring terminals on the main concord panel. Do I hook them both up to the same terminal or do I have to buy some kind of splitter?[/quote']

Couldn't remember (I installed mine myself), but just ran down and looked.

My keypad and RS232 automation module both share the exact four terminals.

Ground / + 12v / BUS A / BUS B

Everything works great here.

Hope this helps!

Thanks I'll hook it up that way.

The speaker should be hooked up to 7 and 8, NOT 9 and 13. The panel should be OFF when hooking up the speaker or the siren driver can go into a short protect mode. 9 and 13 can be used to drive a piezo siren or anything up to 1,000 ma.

Try removing power and rebooting the panel for the speaker.

From the install manual:

Speaker issues

• Speakers don’t sound alarms.

Speaker output has shut down because panel detected terminal 7 or 8 is shorted to ground. Disconnect panel AC and battery backup power. Locate short and correct. Apply panel AC and backup battery power and retest.

Alarm is in partition 2 to 6 and speaker is connected to panel terminals 7 and 8, which activate only for partition 1 alarms.

Siren issues

• Piezo sirens connected to SnapCard, or onboard (panel) outputs 1 and/or 2 don’t produce any alarm sounds.

Check for incorrect wiring between siren and panel; correct where necessary.

Output has not been configured (set up) to activate sirens. Enter program mode and configure output. (See Accessory modules - bus devices settings on page 95.)

Archived