C4 Forums | Control4

Creating a media scene seems to permanently bind rooms together

ricke

I created a music scene that included several rooms that I wanted to turn on for a party scene. Only during that party activity do I want them to be on. Yet now if I navigate to a particular room that's in that scene, ANYTIME I turn on an audio source ion that room all of the rooms in the media scene turn on.

How do I control that behavior?

In the majority of scenarios I just want to individually turn on/off a room and only when I specifically want to entertain would I like to engage that media scene to turn on music for the rooms in that scene.

Thanks for any help,

Rick

The media scene remains active until you shut it off - so you'll need to program in something to do so - be it a daily timer, on a room off, on a TS shortcut button...

Personally for the grief media scenes tend to give in these scenarios, I prefer just using the zones tab after selecting music.

• 3 months later...

^This does not work. I saw this post after starting a new post and thought I just overlooked a feature. Toggle of a Media Scene through a soft button on a TS does absolutely nothing except indicate that the scene is deactivated/activated in Composer. What do you need to do to decouple rooms at will?

Archived