C4 Forums | Control4

HC-500 Composer 2.0.6 Project Locked Most Likely Being Updated

bigee1212,

Same as you, I got locked out of the project updating an HC-1000 from 1.8.2 to 2.0.6 without a 2.x licence. Since you need a donor 2.x licence to get your HC-500 on 2.x, consider buying an HC-250 to use as your primary controller. It's like getting HC-1000 performance for 1/3 the cost, with more I/Os. You get the 2.x licence, your project will run _much_ faster, and you can still use all the great I/O the HC-500 has.

Hey when I try to register my controller through account services, I keep getting an SSL error. From what I googled, it appears to be a time issue on the controller. When I did a usb restore to 1.8 the controller went to mountain time. I changed it to my time zone (eastern) and the time correct now, but I'm still getting the SSL error. Any ideas?

just to clarify this is what I found online about my issue. This is the exact error message.

Error while communicating with Control4 Web ServicesFault = SSL_ERROR_SSL

Do the Following:

* The time/date is probably incorrectly set on the controller. Make sure the date, time and time zone are set properly.

An incorrect date will prevent the controller from authenticating the services.control4.com SSL Certificate.

Yes I've rebooted several times trying to see if anything would change.

I'm wondering if I need to ssh into the controller and try to change the MTU like I've seen mentioned in a few threads as well as by you cyknight. I don't know the user name and password though.... If someone could possibly lead me in the right direction??? I've tried this combination I found online:

root

t0***c0***0*4

that didnt work... (didnt want to give the password openly, but maybe you recognize what I'm trying to do here cyknight?) or if anyone could PM me the information to SSH into my controller that would be awesome.

Here's whats on my registration screen prior to trying to enter the registration code.

T4atI.png

Says something about VPN, and if i remember correctly it used to check in fine even without a registration code from my.control4.com

anyway, I tried resetting modem, router... I was originally on 2.0.6 and my controller was able to register (even though the project was locked...). Router does have vpn settings such as VPN passthrough which is all enabled. But regardless, if it was working on 2.0.6, leads me to believe its not the router or modem but the actual controller... I mean at this point I have to find a new dealer anyway since mine says "terminated" but that won't happen til monday.

Hey, so since this whole controller registration thing was still working for me when I was on 2.0.6 (even with project locked), I decided to pick up a used HC300c for like 150 bucks which I thought was a steal. Not sure if I want to keep that unit and sell the hc500 or flip the hc300c on ebay. Nonetheless, I want to add the HC300c as my main controller, or at least to the project and get the HC500 upgraded.

Is it as simple as swapping everything thats plugged into my HC500 and putting it into the HC300c? Is there any way in composer that I can just change my main controller to the HC300c while leaving the project in tact? Thanks.

During the upgrade for all my dimmers from embernet to zigbee pro, one of my dimmers stays offline. It updated, the lights turned green, and I tried connecting to the mesh. Not sure why this one light isn't coming online in network tools. I tried the 13 4 13 combination to leave the mesh, but that doesn't work. If I do 13 4 13 on any other dimmer, it will go to a solid green waiting to rejoin (4 up taps). But this particular dimmer will just reset and it works fine, but can't use it coordinate lighting scenes 6 button keypad etc. Every other dimmer connects to the mesh and updated correctly.

I also tried 9 9 9 and pulling the tab out on the top of the dimmer to no avail. Any ideas? In network tools zigbee tab, it has an unknown version while every other dimmer has an established version number and is online.

Archived