C4 Forums | Control4

HC-500 Composer 2.0.6 Project Locked Most Likely Being Updated

Hey, I tried upgrading from 1.7.x to 2.x software using Composer Pro. When I used Composer 2.2.4 it upgraded me to 2.0.6. I'm not sure if this is the latest software that the HC-500 can receive but that's what it upgraded me to. Now whenever I try to do anything, I get the infamous Project is Locked error. I have both versions of Composer and even the version that matches the HC-500 doesn't allow me to make any changes. How can I fix this?!?! Even on a clean project, I'm getting the project is locked, so it must have to do with the actual update I tried doing. Any help would be appreciated.

I think you are right, I have only the iphone subscription. Are you saying I need a software license for 2.0? Why did it let me upgrade then since now this process is irreversible? I can't go back to 1.7.x?

Here is my subscriptions page. What do I do from here?

jno4g.png

No, you can't go back to 1.7 from 2.x.

Who knows why it let you update, but if you're on 2.0, it should let you update to the latest 2.x release.

What I'd suggest you do is get a dealer involved, but that's just me. :)

RyanE

Well my dealer is now

"Dealer: Control4 Holding for Terminated Dealers

Phone: 801-523-3100"

When I called they gave me some new dealers to call. I haven't gotten around just yet to calling these new dealers. Trying to see if I can fix this on my own.

Anyway, I got to where the lights need to be repaired with the zigbee mesh and all my light dimmers are now flashing green. If I hold the switch down (off button) it will flash yellow like its supposed to be looking to connect. But then it doesn't connect and goes back to a flashing green. I'm attributing this to the fact that the project is still locked.

Anyway, since my remote isn't working because i have a v1 remote, I should mention that my iPhone myhome app still can control my system in general (Just not the lights as these are the only things I'm having problems with).

How much does it cost for a 2.x license?

Yes, in the "Embernet Upgrade" tab under controllers, I've deselected the HC500 (the only controller I have) after all the dimmers read "success". From what I gathered, once that happens, I am able to go directly to each switch and do the connecting process. However, since the "project is locked" it won't let me select the HC-500 in the "Zigbee Network" tab -> Join Using -> HC500. Once I select the controller, it gives me the project is locked error.

The way I see it, the project is locked error would have nothing to do with the my.control4 website. The project is locked error pertains specifically to the local site hardware? I may be incorrect in assuming this, but from all the searching I have done, people have cleared up project is locked errors on site with the hardware.

The true way to verify this would be to USB restore to 1.8, and even though it is still Zigbee and I'm losing my remote, the project is locked error should disappear if it's linked to the fact that there is no subscription for 2.0 (which I don't believe to be the case, but seems to be the next logical step). How do I obtain the USB restore for 1.8?

I honestly wish I didn't do this ... But now I'm committed to getting it all set up.

I don't even know why I did this, everything was working fine in my system, I was just playing around in Composer. . . a techie can't help but experiment... *Sigh*

Been there, done that. I bricked my nearly new Android phone putting ICS on it. Fortunately, the 'Easy Windows Unbrick' worked on the phone, and I finally successfully updated.

RyanE

Actually, having a main controller w/o proper license on an account on 2.x.....would QUITE logically lock the project.

I can recreate this same thing every single time here at the work benck - 1.82, use 2.2.4 to update to 2.0.6 (again...why, I have no idea) project locks. Restore to 1.8, project not locked. Update, locks....

Quickest thing to try I suppose is to get a license assigned by a dealer doing remote stuff - provided one of them is willing.

How much does it cost for a 2.x license?

it will be cheaper to buy a used HC300c or b that has a 2.0 licence than just buying a licence by it self.

Possibly - a 200B or 300C is sure to have a license, and it's more powerfull than a 500 to boot.

But it does mean being stuck until you get one - a license could be done now.

Actually, having a main controller w/o proper license on an account on 2.x.....would QUITE logically lock the project.

I can recreate this same thing every single time here at the work benck - 1.82, use 2.2.4 to update to 2.0.6 (again...why, I have no idea) project locks. Restore to 1.8, project not locked. Update, locks....

Quickest thing to try I suppose is to get a license assigned by a dealer doing remote stuff - provided one of them is willing.

Thank you cyknight for taking the time to recreate the issue. How did you go about restoring your controller to 1.8? How do I create the USB and where do I get the proper image?

I originally used composer 2.2.4 and used update manager. However, it only upgraded to 2.0.6. Once that happened, it alerted me to use 2.0.6. However, after the upgrade, the project was locked in both 2.0.6 and 2.2.4. Thus, my two options since I can no longer ever go back to 1.7.x is to find a way to get my current controller onto 2.x (either using a license or another controller such as hc300c to allow the hc-500 update to complete). Or my second option is use the USB restore utility to go back to 1.8.2 (which is the last pre-2.x release), I won't need to find another controller or buy a 2.x license (i realize now that 2.x might run slow on the hc500 anyway). Regardless of which option i choose, I need to buy a new remote since I'm using a v1 or v2 remote. Thus, I found some pretty good deals.

I also managed to find out how to get the USB utility. Actually pretty easy, no dealer required!!! Not sure if I'm allowed to post how to here, but if someone is desperate for it, PM me and I can help out.

What's a cheap remote I can get that works with hc500 1.8.2?? I thought the Sr 250 was my only option but there must be some older remotes that work. And how do I know if the remote has the light sensor or not? Everyone selling them just says SR250 for sale without any other information.

Archived