C4 Forums | Control4

HC-1000 Restore

Hi all -

I'm looking for guidance on an HC-1000 problem. The dealer (BB) is suggesting a new HC-800 but has been wrong before. Here's the symptoms:

- Machine will reboot and can be putty'd into

- Machine won't identify in composer pro

- Machine won't show up in system manager

BB didn't seem to have their act together relative to USB restores. Can anyone answer these questions? The 1000 is out of warranty but I'm not in a position to buy a 800.

- For the USB restore, which port should be used? (they tried all four)

- Does the version of the restore have to match the version the controller ships with? (we used the latest version as that's what was on it)

- When you cycle the power, they thought the lights at the front should have been blinking during the restore, but just the power light was on and solid. Is that correct?

- How long does it take to do a restore? (they took about 15 minutes each)

Appreciate the guidance. Fortunately, a trouble call is a flat rate, so I'm only out $99 at this point.

Thanks,

Will

I've seen several messages about the DOM error, and that there was a program that would allow a dealer to check for this condition. Is this program available still? Is it necessary to have BB run it for me?

I'm looking for a way to be sure that this thing is done. Any ideas?

Hi all -

Wanted to thank you all for your help on this issue. Best Buy came out yesterday and had a Control4 person on the line directly. The Control4 person indicated that it was a DOM issue (he took control of computer and putty'd in), but that unlike many people my issue was apparently fixable with a 1.7.4 restore stick. So he walked the Best Buy guy through that and then he rebuilt from there.

We still have an issue with updating the speakerpoint, but I'll post that separately.

Thanks again for the help.

Willl

Archived