C4 Forums | Control4

NAS headaches

HeliNut

Got some nagging problem setting up NAS I can't seem to get past.

Setup#1 works perfect:

HC-800 (2.3)

Network File Storage driver

The 'NAS' is actually a Mac Mini sharing via SMB. Guest account with no password is sharing at \\192.x.x.x\Music with about 15K songs.

I could swear I left user/pass/workgrp all blank. That is how it appears when I go back to that project, but not sure if Composer is just hiding what I had previously filled out.

Setup#2 no worky:

HC-800 (2.2.1)

Network File Storage driver

The 'NAS' is also a Mac Mini sharing via SMB. On this one I created a login called 'control4' with it's own password.

From the same Windows XP running Composer >> start menu >> 'run' >> \\192.x.x.x\ >> prompted for user/pass, and connect just fine.

Issue is when I put all the details in the driver properties, the connect button fails.

Questions:

Any known issues with NAS on 2.2.1?

Does Composer (or Director) use the user/pass properly, or is it really trying as a guest?

Is the workgroup important at all when specifying the NAS as an IP address?

Never had an issue with a (actual) NAS on any version - passwords or no. Make sure you type everything EXACT however as a CAP wrong in the whole line makes it fail.

To clarify, this is on the SAME system? Or are these actually two different systems. If the latter, networking may be part of the problem, so could be a number of other factors. If the first, why bother with anything but 2.3?

does the Network File share driver allow a connection to Win7 folder?

Yes, I connect to a shared folder on a computer running windows 7. Make sure the permissions on the root of the drive allow for sharing too, at least that's been my success.

Archived