C4 Forums | Control4

Soundbar query

Hotwheelz

Yeah but that soundbar as acts a small receiver so is in "front" of the TV in the connection line, not behind.

You may be able to use the CEC control and a TV's audio return channel and that MIGHT work. Supposedly that supports it.

It might work also by outputting from the TV to the sound bar using stereo or optical, but again this hangs on the soundbar's auto sensing.

As far as I know it doesn't have IR, and the rs232 port is service nly and doesn't allow control.

Oh and keep in mind that thing does not recognize HD audio encoded streams from hdmi so set your sources up accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a soundbar that i would like to gain control of, it is controllable through IR and I am running this room off of a Zigbee to IR module. The module has 2 IR outputs, one to the TV and one to the soundbar. If i modify the TV driver to have the volume turn the soundbar volume up and down do i need a second tv driver to actually control the soundbar? Because i will not have anything controlling the soundbar otherwise, The Zigbee to IR module will not share outputs. Any Ideas?

• 5 months later...

Archived