C4 Forums | Control4

How do you set the display time for the 7” Portable Tocuh Screen?

ricke

But that's what's odd. On my wall mounted touch panels as well as on the My Home PC app installs, the time DOES reflect the time on my HC-800. Why wouldn't the 7” Portable Touch Screen inherit the same time?

Rick

It would but sometimes it doesn't grab the timezone properly. You'd have to either disable and enable ntpd server or possibly ssh into the screen to force it to change timezones. Neither is diy friendly really.

The reason it isn't exposed is that the system SHOULD take care of this automatically, but sometimes...

Its more than a time zone issue. The touch panels that are working are showing currently 9:08 PM EST which is right while the 7” Portable Touch Screen is showing 4:55 PM. That's way off. A friend thought he'd seen a KB article about this issue but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks,

Rick

I realized that I hadn't actually connected the Portable Touch Screen to mu network. When I first set it up it found the director and was able to do pretty much everything. Once I properly wired it up under Connections, after a few reboots the time came up properly.

Thanks for the help,

Rick

Ah yes, that makes sense.

C4 screens will indeed connect without identifying, but there's no proper 2-way communication. Tis affects time, apps and some media streaming stuff. It'll control a lot of things, but the feedback won't be accurate (sometimes lights don't indicate current state properly, volume levels are off etc).

Good to be reminded of that fluke.

Archived