C4 Forums | Control4

Creative Ideas

msgreenf

A few ideas to add to this thread. Here are the things that i utilise in my home.

* Get woken up to audio announcement stating "Good morning Alan. The weather forecast today is blah blah with a high of blah and low of blah. Current temperature in your home is blah". (Text to speech driver with other drivers)

* Airplay auto turns on my TV when receiving video content or just the receiver when receiving audio content (XBMC Driver).

* Garage lights turn on when i open the garage door with my garage door remote (Elk M1 contact input / relay output + driver)

* Media center PC turns off on security arm or if it is 3am in the morning. Turns on when i disarm my house or use it within Control4. (XBMC Driver)

Is there any way to integrate other information into your announcements' date=' for example "Overnight the Japanese stock market was down 0.5%"[/quote']

Actually I wrote a YQL driver that grabs stock information.

Is it for sale? How much!

A few ideas to add to this thread. Here are the things that i utilise in my home.

* Airplay auto turns on my TV when receiving video content or just the receiver when receiving audio content (XBMC Driver).

Which setting are you using to do this? can you share your programming? I would like to do this on my setups!

are you doing it when the screensaver turns off?

I have not seen anything from this gentleman since he wrote this - but this logging program sounds like exactly what you are looking for:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=10773

Bill

was that a free driver? if so' date=' would you share it?[/quote']

If the gentleman gives me permission to do so, I will. HOWEVER - I got the idea that he wanted to sell it. It is pretty cool - You can log anything or any event that you like.

Bill

Alan C - I tried to send you a PM through this forum, but it doesn't look like that's possible so I apologize for the public note here. I have been very interested in the weather forecast announcement you mentioned above ever since I first read about it several months ago. I was planning on purchasing the TTS driver and the weather driver and had my dealer reach out to Recluse. My understanding is that thy were told the weather driver isn't available at this time. Is that correct or still the case?

Also, it seems like you've done some incredibly interesting development and would be interested in seeing what other drivers Recuse might have available. Unfortunately, the available driver list is locked behind part of the web site available only to dealers. I don't have any issues going through my dealer to purchase, I would just like to know what is available. Is there a list of drivers available to the public or is that something you can email/post?

Thanks,

Scott

Archived