C4 Forums | Control4

Discrete Lock & Unlock Commands for Kwikset Lock

earo

I have a love hate relationship w/ my Baldwin deadbolt. I've been reading the forums about this fairly often but can't seem to see this issue addressed. I love it since we no longer carry keys and just rely upon the codes to unlock the lock. However, I really wanted the lock to allow people into my apartment when I wasn't there but can't seem to figure this out.

My dealer recently programmed dedicated LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on my 7" TS's, but I don't really need this from within my apartment. I would really like dedicated LOCK and UNLOCK buttons from my iPhone so that I can let people in remotely. (I connect thru a VPN on 3G and it works great).

Any tips on how to install a dedicated UNLOCK button on the MyHome app? Attached is a screen shot of my iPhone under the Security > House menu. "Building Door" unlocks the front door, the main apartment building door. "Door Lock" locks the door, but I need a button to unlock it. Any simple tips?

everyone wants a shortcut........Cyknight

its under security....house.....then depending how much stuff you have in that section, u have to scroll to find it, slightly annoying, but not end of the world

I didn't really want a shortcut or a custom button. I would think that it would be logical for the options LOCK and UNLOCK to appear under the Security menu on my iPhone. Right now, the approach with the custom button works, but it also means that on all of my touchscreens I have this option front and center where it's not necessary. Godzilla, any ideas why it's not appearing here when you imply that it should? I think what would be the logical location for it, but oddly it's not there.

Hopefully this image pops up fine:

photo.PNG

It's right there on your screen shot. It shows its locked with the red image and closed. If its programmed correct you should be able to tap it to toggle it. Depending on the lock settings after a few seconds it should turn green and show open meaning the lock is unlocked.

@pharmdsmith, at times I noticed that the button was green, but mostly it's red. I honestly couldn't figure out what this meant since it rarely correlated to the lock status. As a result of the status not being updated properly, I often found that I only had the red button to lock the lock. But unlocking is much more important since I often need to let someone in rather than lock it remotely. I never have a need to lock or unlock this from within the apartment (for pete's sake, it's a tiny place), but I find the status is remarkably unreliable, even from within the apartment.

So, the custom button works, but it's more or less a workaround to getting more a reliable status indication -- both within the network and remotely over VPN. Any tips to make this more reliable?

Archived