C4 Forums | Control4

Motion detection problem...

ajburnet

Hi all,

I'm struggling with setting up motion detection lighting which should be simple.

My Card Access motion detector is correctly connected and reporting into Composer. It appears to detect motion (i.e. red light shows when I walk in), however it will not fire any events it seems (in this case active lighting scene).

I've tried with another motion sensor so I don't believe it's a hardware issue.

Essentially, just as a simple as: when motion detected, activate lighting scene (have tried with just toggling a light). However this does not work.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious - any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex.

Hi all,

I'm struggling with setting up motion detection lighting which should be simple.

My Card Access motion detector is correctly connected and reporting into Composer. It appears to detect motion (i.e. red light shows when I walk in), however it will not fire any events it seems (in this case active lighting scene).

Essentially, just as a simple as: when motion detected, activate lighting scene (have tried with just toggling a light). However this does not work.

Thanks,

Alex.

Can you show the code that you are using?

I tried to show a portion of the code thatI have that does this all the time and it seems like we can no longer upload and attach files to messages?

???

Bill

Hi all,

Thanks,

Alex.

I feel your frustration. There is little reason why, if the motion is working and ID'd properly, that turning on a single light should fail you. Let me ask a stupid Q here- have you ever successfully set-up and attached programming to a CA motion in your project?

Archived