C4 Forums | Control4

Simple to use, easy to understand Tutorials for newbie Control4 users.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like to see programming examples including screenshots. That's a pretty broad request but I just spent a lot of time going through old posts here and there are a lot of screenshots that were either never posted or have been removed. Some of the blogs are a little better about showing screenshots, but there are some dead links there as well.

Another thing that would be nice would be to highlight "must have" drivers from Recluse, Diamond, EV, etc. and give examples of their use.

Also I am still a little lost as to how the pay Eragy products, combined with TED or eGauge, actually interface with the system and not just give data. A good example would be would it be able to monitor aux heat in a Geo unit and then decide on various variables what should happen to limit that?

Some general ideas include:

timers vs delays

press vs. tap

When you want bindings and when you don't

Scheduler vs wakeup

Best practices on keypad and touchscreen placement throughout the house

When to use announcements vs light blink/dim or both

Explanation and examples of dual audio endpoint per room

Driveway sensor vs camera motion detection for visitors/intruders

I agree about programming examples that could be done using HE, such as using variables, e.g is it possible to use a variable to send an email saying what zone has been opened: I currently have a line for each zone. How to program flashing lights, etc

There's some great resources here, but you have to search. Your site would be a great resource for these simple tips.

Toke

Thanks guys! Added to my list to start on! Alan and James, can you shoot me an email? Let get the ball moving on highlighting some of you drivers! These are good request and exactly what I was hoping for! Been out so just now getting back on track! Thanks again guys and keep the request coming!

Archived