C4 Forums | Control4

New Amp?

hike

i ask my dealer a month ago and he told me that the v3 of the 8 channel amp is going to be here for a while ... maybe next year ...

Anyone know if C4 is coming out with a newer version of the 8 channel amp? Or is V3 going to be around for a while?

Nothing on the horizon for replacement that I've heard of.

+1

I'm pretty sure the resoures are being used on more important items and considering that the amp works very well, I don't see any reason to worry about it.

To the OP, is there a feature that is missing that has you worried about a new model coming out?

I don't know of any reason why Control4 would be developing a replacement for the Amp V3. It works well.

RyanE

To add digital input and on board conversion? At a minimum the audio matrix needs an update to add digital capability, lots of other quality products now include this as standard.

While nice on the matrix, i don't see any need to add it to the amp.

As Ryan stated, the amp is a great piece - so yes put the effort elsewhere.

And most of those quality products are a) more expensive, B) fully integrate able into a C4 system if required (we use a different audio matrix when it makes sense...)

Thanks all. Need to replace my crapped out V2 and would hate to buy a V3 only to find out a V4 was on the horizon.

Check with your dealer. But when mine v2 died (out of warranty ) he sent it back to C4 and for $500 I got a b-stock V3.

Are you telling me that c4 got some kind of refurbished stock that we can buy for cheaper price ???

Thanks all. Need to replace my crapped out V2 and would hate to buy a V3 only to find out a V4 was on the horizon.

Check with your dealer. But when mine v2 died (out of warranty ) he sent it back to C4 and for $500 I got a b-stock V3.

Understand that you'd have to HAVE a unit to repair - send it in and they'll do a final estimate on if it can be fixed at all and what the repair price would be.

Should it not be repairable or the repair would cost more than the refurb - that's when they'll give you the option. The through a dealer option is just that only a dealer can set up a repair.

At this point the dealer in question would then sell the b-stock through to you, generally at cost plus shipping, plus charge for install etc.

Last I've seen they will only sell b-stock direct of they have over capacity AND with the limitation that it's for demo/employee purposes only, not allowed for resale. To my (second hand) knowledge, dealers have been shut down, hard, for not sticking to that.

I certainly have a unit that needs repair. It's a very expensive and heavy paper weight right now.

Who do I send it to? Control4? or a dealer?

If through a dealer, is there a dealer that will do this for me?.... as my dealer stated:

Unfortunately, any Control4 product over 3 years old is not able to be RMA'd nor repaired.

Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated.

I certainly have a unit that needs repair. It's a very expensive and heavy paper weight right now.

If through a dealer, is there a dealer that will do this for me?.... as my dealer stated:

Unfortunately, any Control4 product over 3 years old is not able to be RMA'd nor repaired.

Had my V1 repaired 6 mo ago by Control4 cost was about $400

If through a dealer' date=' is there a dealer that will do this for me?.... as my dealer stated:

[i']Unfortunately, any Control4 product over 3 years old is not able to be RMA'd nor repaired.

You did through your dealer?

If through a dealer' date=' is there a dealer that will do this for me?.... as my dealer stated:

[i']Unfortunately, any Control4 product over 3 years old is not able to be RMA'd nor repaired.

You did through your dealer?

Yes bad power supply

Archived