C4 Forums | Control4

Security Camera Delay?

rf5000

Guys,

I have three Axis cameras in my project. When viewing with my touchscreens, they are very slow at relaying information. For example, when someone is in view of the camera and waves their hand, it is only shown 2-3 seconds later on the touchscreen. There is that much delay. Is this normal? Or is there a better way to view my cameras or something I can fix within my system?

You can use a web browser and log into the camera that way. It's a total joke that C4 can't stream these feeds with the same image quality.

I guess you are trying to make a point but do you recall the guy who got booted from here who did nothing but diss C4? He went out in flames not only here but another board as well. It's one thing to be pissed-off and another thing to be slinging shit info. A web browser?? Really now?

You can use a web browser and log into the camera that way. It's a total joke that C4 can't stream these feeds with the same image quality.

I guess you are trying to make a point but do you recall the guy who got booted from here who did nothing but diss C4? He went out in flames not only here but another board as well. It's one thing to be pissed-off and another thing to be slinging shit info. A web browser?? Really now?

I think that is a little unfair C4UG, Qvamp is passionate about C4. I disagree with him and think his opinions can be wrong at some times, but he has been quite restrained with his complaints.

He is nothing like "that guy"

Brent

It's been more than one subject that he has had strong words against Control4. If you guys don't mind that then I'll let it go. I don't buy the passion crap. There's a big diff. between Post #6 and Post #11.

He is nothing like "that guy"

I agree. Abrasive' date=' but not "that guy".

RyanE[/quote']

I'll give you that one. LastStraw had dealer issues to put it simply. But in the end, it all boils down to money and I have seen more talk about that than I care to stomach. This is a help forum and not about finances either.

It's been more than one subject that he has had strong words against Control4. If you guys don't mind that then I'll let it go. I don't buy the passion crap. There's a big diff. between Post #6 and Post #11.

Oh dear our thought police have again arrived on the scene to investigate.

Okay, so ack to the topic at hand. I do have an hc800 and this problem. Is there any settings I can check or anything I can do to speed this up?what about drivers? During the install, I know that the driver for my exact model camera wasn't listed in the c4 database so we used an Axis driver from another model. This all seemed to work fine until I noticed the delay in displaying in real time.

Okay, so ack to the topic at hand. I do have an hc800 and this problem. Is there any settings I can check or anything I can do to speed this up?what about drivers? During the install, I know that the driver for my exact model camera wasn't listed in the c4 database so we used an Axis driver from another model. This all seemed to work fine until I noticed the delay in displaying in real time.

I tried adding a few different camera models to my system and always had a pretty bad lag. I'm currently happy using BlueIris to manage all my cameras.

It is important to put thought into what you publish isn't it?

Is the image fluid and just a behind RT or is it choppy and delayed?

It is important to put thought into what you publish isn't it?

Yes, I agree with that and I will gladly accept an apology from you. This isn't the Justin Bieber fan club so you need to expect members to have varying opinions and degrees of satisfaction with Control4. You have taken offence to what you consider Strong Words about a piece of hardware and company and have turned it into a personal attack. In short, you are totally out of line.

I have two (yes, only two!) Panasonic IP cameras BB series. my video display is pretty much instantaneous on my C4 devices. No complaints at all.

As with any video quality issue, I would look at the network architecture first. Can OP please elaborate on his network: wired, wireless, switch(es), router(s), connections etc. This may give us a clue.

Guys,

I have three Axis cameras in my project. When viewing with my touchscreens, they are very slow at relaying information. For example, when someone is in view of the camera and waves their hand, it is only shown 2-3 seconds later on the touchscreen. There is that much delay. Is this normal? Or is there a better way to view my cameras or something I can fix within my system?

Archived