C4 Forums | Control4

Baldwin Deadbolt not working

I have a Baldwin door lock that is running through batteries about every 4 days. I am on 2.4 and can control the lock when I put in new batteries, but it goes dead and stops working a couple days after that. Is this a hardware problem or a firmware problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've yet to hear anything remotely like it - which makes me tend to lean to hardware or possibly installation. Installation could be the bolt not set properly for limits, or not sliding into place nicely - causing the motor to keep running.

We have a Baldwin front door lock also. If I use control4 to open and close, the battery drains very quickly (1-2 months). Now that the novelty has worn off, I use control4 to open/close maybe once a week (to open front door if someone shows up that I want to let in). I haven't change batteries for almost 3 months now.

Really? My locks last about 9 montths, using good quality (non-rechargeable) batteries. And mine are not set to any bettery saving measuers (it's auto-lock, led and sound feedback etc).

Either way 1-2 months still isn't 4 days.

Really? My locks last about 9 montths, using good quality (non-rechargeable) batteries. And mine are not set to any bettery saving measuers (it's auto-lock, led and sound feedback etc).

Either way 1-2 months still isn't 4 days.

Agreed, I'm not seeing any crazy battery drains like that with mine.

Constantly updating firmware would certainly cause the battery drain you're seeing.

You should have your dealer work through Control4 tech support to find out if they need to RMA the lock.

RyanE

Archived