C4 Forums | Control4

C4-TSM7-G-B Remote -- HELP!

therodog

I thought I would ask the C4 community, as I've not been able to find that much help through Google.

I recently bought a C4-TSM7-G-B Remote off of eBay. I know there have been issues with the battery, allegedly it came with a new battery.

When the remote arrived, I installed the new battery, and the put the remote on the charger. The battery would never take a charge. I contacted the dealer that sold me the remote through eBay and they said it must be a faulty battery. They sent me a new battery and I sent them back the old one.

I took out the new battery, hooked it up, and the remote worked for the first time off the charger. Awesome. I played with it for a little bit, put it on the charger and went to bed. When I woke up and removed the remote from the charger, it died. On placing the remote back on the charger, the battery stays at 0% and won't take a charge.

At this point, I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer, because I want a refund. BUT, I thought while I'm waiting to hear back from them, I'd ask and see if anyone online knows anything about this. I'm assuming there's a problem with the remote or the charger, but maybe it's just something I'm doing wrong? Does anyone have any suggestions? I really want this remote to work, but it's been a complete pain in the butt up until this point.

Archived