C4 Forums | Control4

Scanning media in NAS

Craig's problem was a configuration problem from the original get go - an old bug that crept up.

Make sure you're running the latest version of DIRECTOR (1.3.2.438). If not - you may be experiencing the same bug.

Thanks lippavisual! I think the spaces in the pathname were the problem. I though I had tried that at one time but maybe not. I changed the name of both the router and the drive so it didn't contain any spaces. I owe you a beer lippavisual.

For other people with similar issues, here is what I did:

I am using an Apple Airport router since C4 tech support recommended it. It has a has a USB connection on the back so I plugged the Western Digital external drive into that. In Composer I added a Network File Storage and entered the path to the drive. I renamed the router to “Airport” instead of “Airport Extreme” and changed the name of the Western Digital USB drive to “mybook” from “My Book”. I was then able to scan all the files without a problem.

I also really like the external drive connected to the router instead of directly to the controller (HC300). I can see it as a drive on the computer and drag and drop files to it. You can’t really do that when it is connected to the HC300. And since it isn't connect to the computer I don't have to have a PC on to access the music. Perfect setup.

Archived