C4 Forums | Control4

LED Lights on switches

So - I have implemented a purple on LED for dimmers and a GREEN LED on light for switches. Blue is still the off color.

Here is my problem - at 10 pm I turn off the LED lights in the master by hard coding both on and off LED indicators to BLACK. At 7 AM they all come back on again - again hard coded.

I would like to "release" the color to go back to the default. BUT - it appears that I have to hard code this. Anyone have a good idea on how to let the default take back over or not have to hard code the color for the LEDs?

Bill

Not sure what you intend to accomplish - you want the LED to come back to purple/green, but they're coming on Blue instead?

If so just change the programming from blue to purple/green.

Unfortunately you cannot use variable to set the led colors - even though you can store it that way. Which would be the closest thing I could think of of "storing" a color to use as a reference to any lighting device's LED.

Not sure what you intend to accomplish - you want the LED to come back to purple/green, but they're coming on Blue instead?

If so just change the programming from blue to purple/green.

Unfortunately you cannot use variable to set the led colors - even though you can store it that way. Which would be the closest thing I could think of of "storing" a color to use as a reference to any lighting device's LED.

I have a couple of HORRIBLE coding pages that set the colors to BLACK at night and then back to BLUE in the morning.

Using the new system wide capability to set default colors I would like to let them go back to the default colors without having to re-program those pages - you are confirming my fears that this is the only way to do it - there is no simple "go back to the default setting" statement type thing or variable that I can set it to.

Thanks,

Bill

Ah yes, no it's just a first install/manual change thing at the moment.

Once you have a "more than one page" huge code page, then changing something in Control 4 is a nightmare -

You cannot double click on the current item in the code and change the color - you have to go and find that item and then change the color then add it to the bottom of the second page and then try to get it back up to where it needs to be all the while fighting with the refresh on the screen.

Someone REALLY needs to get that better <grin>

End of whine...

Bill

I have that driver - it is nice - however - it does not simplify 60 lights -

That is 120 lines of code. Try it - you will HATE it - positively HATE it. Each new line that you add goes to the bottom of the second screen and you have to move it up to the lines that you were trying to replace - if you can find them or remember them.

Sorry - I told you I would quit whining - and then I went and blubbered all over the screen and keyboard again.

Bill

You pick a list using ryan's driver. The driver creates a list which you set a variable to. So you choose set list to whatever colors you want. Really simple

I will look at it further. I honestly have made an initial impression judgement that may not be valid. I will have to see this "list" that you speak of.

So - if I understand this - you set the color equal to the color on another switch - this is better because now all you need to do is control the color on that one switch and they all change color? Is this correct? I don't see any way to actually set a physical color on any LED with it - you can only make it equal to another switches color. Right?

You use the *properties* to choose the lights you want to set, and then copy the *text* from the property, which is a list of Device IDs of the chosen lights.

You then put in *1* command to set all those lights' colors.

To put in the color value, you either *TYPE IN* the RGB values, or you use a color name, which are listed in the driver's documentation.

RyanE

You use the *properties* to choose the lights you want to set, and then copy the *text* from the property, which is a list of Device IDs of the chosen lights.

You then put in *1* command to set all those lights' colors.

To put in the color value, you either *TYPE IN* the RGB values, or you use a color name, which are listed in the driver's documentation.

RyanE

Where do you choose the properties? If I highlight the LED wizard on the right side all I can do is choose a specific light switch, not a "list" of switches.

That is what I want to do.

Bill

Better instructions (and the download link) here:

http://untestedhacks.com/2013/led-wizard-driver/

RyanE

OK - this is REALLY cool - I did not realize that you have to COPY the data in - you cannot select it or set up a list and then use the list.

The other MINOR issue is that my list is so long that it cannot be seen in the coding window. To validate what i have there I have to indicate I want to DELETE IT and then a window pops up to confirm the entire code line - but this is WAY better than 120 lines of code.

Thanks,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Archived