C4 Forums | Control4

A/V Receiver Volume Control

Letran

Whenever I turn a movie I never know what volume the receiver is starting on. I could have been watching a low volume movie the day before which makes me compensate by raising the volume. The next time I select a movie that same high volume is set but it might then be a dvd that starts with a very crisp loud, I mean LOUD volume.

How do I program that it starts at a nice or even low volume

The driver does not seem to allow for a numbered set volume, just up, down or mute.

Yamaha HTR

I think I busted a couple of subwoofers because of this, not to mention my ear drums.

I'd set the 'Off' command in the driver to be a macro, which sends the 'volume down' code a number of times, then does the actual off command.

Implementation is left as an exercise to the reader.

:)

RyanE

SYSTEM default vol on a receiver often doesn't work as it still starts up high. However most receivers will have the option of setting the default/start-up volume internally - I'd explore that first as it's basically bullet proof.

As the OP said this driver doesn't seem to have a discrete volume command, Control4's default room volume won't work, so if the receiver has a start-up volume option, that's definitely the best option.

Hadn't thought of that one. :)

RyanE

SYSTEM default vol on a receiver often doesn't work as it still starts up high. However most receivers will have the option of setting the default/start-up volume internally - I'd explore that first as it's basically bullet proof.

This is what I was referring to

This is what I was referring to

Oh I figured you were, just wanted to clear it up.

Archived