C4 Forums | Control4

YALE TS doesn't follow Auto Relock Timeout setting

Anybody experienced and found a fix for the YALE touch screen Auto Relock Timeout not following its setting above 60 seconds? I can set the relock time up to 60 sec, but not any longer say up to 240 or 250; when I select Get Mandatory Attributes from the Actions tab any Auto Relock Timeout value that was set to be longer than 60 sec will get reverted to the last accepted value from the 0-60 seconds range.

Thanks in advance for your help.

AFAIK the touchscreen version has a max autolock time of 30 seconds - that the driver allows you to fill in more does not mean it supports it, the driver is universal for all lock so may have features not all locks support.

To test the lock's capability, try setting it higher from the lock itself and see how far it goes.

Firmware 19 refers ONLY to the ZigBee module firmware, not the lock's internal firmware, but 27 would be the latest version, not sure why that isn't working.

Do check to make sure you have the most current version of the driver - Build 1.0.2.6

Thanks for your reply Cyknight. My post update and your reply mush have crossed paths... I managed to set the Auto Relock time to 60 sec, but it doesn't go any higher.

To test the lock's capability, try setting it higher from the lock itself and see how far it goes.

How do you set auto relock time from the lock itself? AFAIN there is only one setting among the Advanced Lock Settings (#3), namely #1 Automatic Re-Lock with two options: 1 Enable; 3 Disable.

Thanks again.

Looks like they crossed alright :D

I checked the specs on the touch - and you're right it doesn't allow setting on the lock itself, must have been thinking of another lock (I've installed all 3 brands, many sorts).

That said the specs do indeed state the max auto-lock timer on the touch is 30 seconds.

Hmmm. You must have a an older version, REV B. ASSA ABLOY issued YALE Real Living Touchscreen Deadbolt Installation and Programming Instructions (P/N AYRD220-INST-FUL REV C) included with my newer locks reads the following on Page 9 under Automatic Re-Lock Time: "After successful code entry the unit unlocks, it will automatically re-lock after a default thirty (30) seconds. Re-lock time is adjustable** from 10-240 seconds. (With Network Module 10s is default)

**Adjustable only when using Network Module

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm. You must have a an older version, REV B. ASSA ABLOY issued YALE Real Living Touchscreen Deadbolt Installation and Programming Instructions (P/N AYRD220-INST-FUL REV C) included with my newer locks reads the following on Page 9 under Automatic Re-Lock Time: "After successful code entry the unit unlocks, it will automatically re-lock after a default thirty (30) seconds. Re-lock time is adjustable** from 10-240 seconds. (With Network Module 10s is default)

You are correct! I have the same issue, relocking after 60 seconds. Even though programing documentation tab states up to 250 seconds

From brochure: Auto Re-lock: After successful PIN code entry and the unit unlocks, it will automatically re-lock after a default of thirty

(30) seconds. Re-lock time is adjustable from five (5) to thirty (30) seconds.

Seems as though my Yale unit does not keep current time either, any advise?

Hmmm. You must have a an older version' date=' [b']REV B. ASSA ABLOY issued YALE Real Living Touchscreen Deadbolt Installation and Programming Instructions (P/N AYRD220-INST-FUL REV C) included with my newer locks reads the following on Page 9 under Automatic Re-Lock Time: "After successful code entry the unit unlocks, it will automatically re-lock after a default thirty (30) seconds. Re-lock time is adjustable** from 10-240 seconds. (With Network Module 10s is default)

You are correct! I have the same issue, relocking after 60 seconds. Even though programing documentation tab states up to 250 seconds

From brochure: Auto Re-lock: After successful PIN code entry and the unit unlocks, it will automatically re-lock after a default of thirty

(30) seconds. Re-lock time is adjustable from five (5) to thirty (30) seconds.

Seems as though my Yale unit does not keep current time either, any advise?

I have contacted ASSA ABLOY USA, and received the following response from a Senior Product Manager on August 5, 2013:

"....the change did not get implemented in the current release.... It will be done in the next application release that will be available in the next 30 days"

We are supposed to see the official fix within 2 weeks. Please, whoever notices a new driver release, or firmware update (newer than rev 27) post it here. Thanks!

P.S: I have to mention here that I have excellent experience with ASSA ABLOY customer service.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Is there a fix for this now?

I just had one of these locks installed and it auto relocks after about 10 seconds.  I can turn off the auto-relock using the keypad options, but I can't find any way to increase the time using the keypad or through the vera website.

I tried changing the advanced settings, device options, relock time, but nothing I put in will save or change anything.

The current value is "5."  The UI says "

Configuration settings Variable

3-Relock time (5 or 255)

Since it says 5 OR 255, that looks there are only 2 choices.  I tried changing from 5 to 255 and nothing changes.  I tried changing it to 30 and that doesn't save either.

What is the fix for this?

I want the autolock settings to be saved into the lock itself and not be commands sent from an external server on the Internet because the Internet connection is not reliable enough.

In fact, the Internet connection went off again in the middle of typing this message so the first attempt to post failed and I had to retype and attempt the post a second time.

I haven't found out if the ISP is having issues this week or if my router is going bad and needs to be replaced.  Regardless, I cannot rely on remote Internet servers for something as important as making sure the door always gets locked.

Archived