C4 Forums | Control4

Question for end users

Tell me about it. One area here required a $1400 expenditure in furniture just to hold a Denon, HC250, iPod Dock and some power dist.. A $250 Salamander would have suited me but wife, Nooooo.

:lol:

Same here - although I do personally have a blu-ray playe for the odd drop in and a game-system wired in an (existing) hallway closet for game-controller reach and because it's perfectly central to reach - and keep my wife and kids away from the central brain.

Tell me about it. One area here required a $1400 expenditure in furniture just to hold a Denon' date=' HC250, iPod Dock and some power dist.. A $250 Salamander would have suited me but wife, Nooooo.[/quote']

:lol:

Same here - although I do personally have a blu-ray playe for the odd drop in and a game-system wired in an (existing) hallway closet for game-controller reach and because it's perfectly central to reach - and keep my wife and kids away from the central brain.

Funny stuff. Wife and kids view the "closet" as Darth Vader. I put a life-size poster of Dee Snider on the door. Short of hooking the door knob up to 120VAC, that ugly dude scares all.

I have all my gear local. In each of 4 rooms. I guess I'm different. So I have controllers out in each of the rooms. With no Matrix. I've had distributed audio for yrs (Sonos). I've been waiting for the same sort of experience with distributed video ..that is via ethernet..for equally as long a time. First there was Sage TV remember that?..then Roku blah blah..I've never jumped on board either. Then there was the promise of JRiver (forget that) ..now Autonomic (don't go there!!! hahaha) I'm prepared to wait until the inevitable happens.. till this becomes a reality. But heck I sure have been waiting a long time :)

There *will* come a time when this becomes a reality. Word is Murdoch is paranoid about our NBN. And so he should be. Cable TV subs have been plummeting here the last 12 months. Sooner or later all content will be available in the cloud..so why bother with everything centralized?.. when something like a Raspberry Pi Mk3 +/- an AppleTV with an HC250 can be mounted behind your set and you are done.. We are not quite there yet but this is the way things are heading...

That time may come, and when it does it may change everything, although more would be required to completely eliminate it all. There's still surround receivers and amps (I still prefer not seeing that Sonos piece anywhere) in many situations.

I have all my gear local. In each of 4 rooms. I guess I'm different. So I have controllers out in each of the rooms. With no Matrix. I've had distributed audio for yrs (Sonos). I've been waiting for the same sort of experience with distributed video ..that is via ethernet..for equally as long a time. First there was Sage TV remember that?..then Roku blah blah..I've never jumped on board either. Then there was the promise of JRiver (forget that) ..now Autonomic (don't go there!!! hahaha) I'm prepared to wait until the inevitable happens.. till this becomes a reality. But heck I sure have been waiting a long time :)

This is available now via JAP and soon to be video storm, albeit not builtin to the tech you get from the cable company's or others.

Archived