C4 Forums | Control4

Items within my project that I need a hand with...

So here are some items which I need drivers for to get my project a bit further...

I need drivers for the following missing pieces of my puzzle and was hoping that someone on here may be able to lend a hand.

Motorola DVR (set top box) - QIP 7232

Motorola (set top box) - QIP 7100

This white labeled HDMI swticher, matrix thingie that seems to be from a couple of different spots. - CSW-HD440EXT

The QIP 6416 driver works on the 7232. That driver is in the online database. I had to mod that driver to include some the whacky buttons FiOS uses but that's not a big deal.

The switcher driver probably will need to be created through Wizard. What do mean "from a couple of different spots"? It can be manipulated either using IR or (cough) serial.

The QIP 6416 driver works on the 7232. That driver is in the online database. I had to mod that driver to include some the whacky buttons FiOS uses but that's not a big deal.

Thanks for the heads up, I will try that particular driver but any chance you can share that driver you're using??

The switcher driver probably will need to be created through Wizard. What do mean "from a couple of different spots"? It can be manipulated either using IR or (cough) serial.

It can be controlled using serial. Never made a driver before. Anything in particular I should be wary of?

Side note. Once I've added the cable boxes, do I connect the video output to the TV? I'm so new to this...

INPUTS

Motorola DVR (set top box) - QIP 7232

Motorola (set top box) - QIP 7100

and anything else Roku / BluRay / PopBox / (and maybe the HC OSD)

Connected to >>>>

This white labeled HDMI swticher, matrix thingie that seems to be from a couple of different spots. - CSW-HD440EXT

OUTPUTS

TVS

You will also need to run wire to put an IR / Serial / IP control of the on / off of the TV (and maybe the source if you have an HC for OSD on the screen). Of course if an HC is behind / near the TV then the runs for TV control are much shorter than if all of this equipment is centralized and the TV signal is being sent by HDMI.

• 7 months later...

Next issue is IR ports...

I've used up 6 of the IR plug spots on my HC 800... yet I have another 6 devices to control via IR (a couple more televisions, some audio equipment and random devices)

How do I move forward? Any suggestions?

you have a few options.  You can use a Z to IR bridge from Access Tech to get 2 additional IR ports at each location.  You can use addition old controller (like 200's) at a TV location to get 4 more IR ports, or Control 4 makes an IO extender - http://www.control4.com/products/controllers/C4-IOX-E-B

Which is also made for this purpose.

How about a nifty solution to keep all the email alerts from Control 4 which get via sent to my mobile via some sort or exchange server to always come from the same email address instead of some randomly generated email by AT&T (does that even make sense?).

Now I am typing from a computer not a tapattalk here goes.

I thought you were asking how to connect your wemo to control4, i responded posting a link to the EV driver as your solution.

Then I re-read your post and realised you knew the solution just needed an implementation so I deleted my post and replaced it with the duh, nevermind.

and here we are...

No this is not bad, you are better picking a remote dealer in the dealer forum and asking them directly rather than expecting them to read all the post and find you but this is the correct approach.

Archived