C4 Forums | Control4

Media scan tags not changing

drmark12pa

As I have a large CD collection that I've transferred to MP3 on my network drive, I am continually updating tags. However, I've run into an issue with Track Numbers not updating. On double albums, the track number is 1 to (Track Number) on both disc 1 and disc 2 (ie there are 2 track #1, 2 track #2, etc. What I've started doing is numbering the album #2 starting with the last track # the first album left off with. However, when I rescan my media using Composer HE (2.5.1 version), these track numbers are not updating so essentially I have 2 track #1s, 2 track #2s, etc.

I've tried everything from changing the comments fields, to the year, everything that basically shows that the MP3 files was modified showing today's date. However, the media scan (the "Update media database if file tags have changed" box is checked) is not updating the Track Number or in some cases a few of the track numbers are changed.

What I've done is gone in manually track by track in Composer and renamed the track # but this is a huge undertaking vs. using my media tag editor program.

Has anyone had trouble with this or is this a bug?

There is a check box in Composer HE about using revised local metadata, not online data.

Otherwise the rescans just grab the online data and ignore the local changes.

I found this with cover art. I would load it, it would reflect and then later the cover art would dissapear.

There is a check box in Composer HE about using revised local metadata, not online data.

I found this with cover art. I would load it, it would reflect and then later the cover art would dissapear.

Is there some place in ComposerHE other than under scanning options that this is located? There are 3 checkboxes I see under the scan, one is use online to update tags, one if remove files that no longer exist, one is update tags if changed. I always have 2 and 3 checked but the tags do not update.

There is a check box in Composer HE about using revised local metadata' date=' not online data.

I found this with cover art. I would load it, it would reflect and then later the cover art would dissapear.[/quote']

Is there some place in ComposerHE other than under scanning options that this is located? There are 3 checkboxes I see under the scan, one is use online to update tags, one if remove files that no longer exist, one is update tags if changed. I always have 2 and 3 checked but the tags do not update.

That the one, if it does not go online to look for meta data it uses the embedded data instead, this way you can use another software, be it WMP itunes or Media Monkey to organize.

There must be a bug in the Control4 Composer software because if I manually update certain fields of the MP3s in an album folder (which effectively changes the MODIFIED ON date in windows) the Composer software doesn't always recognize that a change took place even if I've changed the track number. I'm not sure why Composer isn't updating the track number after a rescan with the UPDATE if media file tags have change box is checked.

Archived