C4 Forums | Control4

ExtraVegetables MyMovies Dune Driver issues with 2.5.1

qVAMPIREp

You just need this version: My Movies for Windows 7 or 8 Media Center

It was 2,500 points and you install it as server. You just run it on Windows7. I run mine in a Mac in a window via VMWare Fusion. No server edition of Windows is required nor a special computer. When you add a Movie to your MyMovies database it uploads to Control4. It is pretty much idiot proof when it works.

ps. My issues are still not resolved, so I'll say it works 99% of the time :)

Is it possible you gave a wrong email address?

I tried to re-register but the error message stated the email address has been registered and to check my email link to Activate the account. Assuming if your are correct ' date=' How do I go by it.[/quote']

Anything on Junk/Spam Mail?

\

Yes! I check all that no success.

It was 2,500 points and you install it as server. You just run it on Windows7. I run mine in a Mac in a window via VMWare Fusion. No server edition of Windows is required nor a special computer. When you add a Movie to your MyMovies database it uploads to Control4. It is pretty much idiot proof when it works.

ps. My issues are still not resolved, so I'll say it works 99% of the time :)

I want my wife to be able to put a disc in the tray, and then be able to watch the movie in 30 minutes. Am I correct in the understanding that to do that, I do need a dedicated box running WHS? Can I accomplish it otherwise?

It was 2' date='500 points and you install it as server. You just run it on Windows7. I run mine in a Mac in a window via VMWare Fusion. No server edition of Windows is required nor a special computer. When you add a Movie to your MyMovies database it uploads to Control4. It is pretty much idiot proof when it works.

ps. My issues are still not resolved, so I'll say it works 99% of the time :)[/quote']

I want my wife to be able to put a disc in the tray, and then be able to watch the movie in 30 minutes. Am I correct in the understanding that to do that, I do need a dedicated box running WHS? Can I accomplish it otherwise?

No you do NOT need a box running WHS. You are way over thinking this. Believe it or not this simple process eliminates any need for a $6000 media server when used with Control4 and the Extra Veggies Dune etc. and MyMovies drivers. Put in a DVD, MyMovies detects the disc and searches it's library and based on the disc ID finds the title. It asks you if you want to copy the disc, you say yes and select the directory. My Movies rips the disc as an ISO or Directory with VOBs. Then My Movies adds the new title to its database. The ExtraVeggies driver checks with MyMovies for any changes every 30 seconds or so. In this case there is a new movie waiting so The driver copies the information to Control4's database. There is NO server, it just gives control4 the title and path information to your NAS. It's then up to your media server to stream your movie to your player. The only hitch is ExtraVeggies encrypts the path so you need their media player drivers to work with MyMovies. It works very well but won't work for XBMC due to the encryption of paths.

Is it possible you gave a wrong email address?

I tried to re-register but the error message stated the email address has been registered and to check my email link to Activate the account. Assuming if your are correct ' date=' How do I go by it.[/quote']

Anything on Junk/Spam Mail?

I tried all that and still did not work. I have register a new account with different info and received email link right away. I can now log in to the site and forum as well.

It was 2' date='500 points and you install it as server. You just run it on Windows7. I run mine in a Mac in a window via VMWare Fusion. No server edition of Windows is required nor a special computer. When you add a Movie to your MyMovies database it uploads to Control4. It is pretty much idiot proof when it works.

ps. My issues are still not resolved, so I'll say it works 99% of the time :)[/quote']

No you do NOT need a box running WHS. You are way over thinking this. Believe it or not this simple process eliminates any need for a $6000 media server when used with Control4 and the Extra Veggies Dune etc. and MyMovies drivers. Put in a DVD, MyMovies detects the disc and searches it's library and based on the disc ID finds the title. It asks you if you want to copy the disc, you say yes and select the directory. My Movies rips the disc as an ISO or Directory with VOBs. Then My Movies adds the new title to its database. The ExtraVeggies driver checks with MyMovies for any changes every 30 seconds or so. In this case there is a new movie waiting so The driver copies the information to Control4's database. There is NO server, it just gives control4 the title and path information to your NAS. It's then up to your media server to stream your movie to your player. The only hitch is ExtraVeggies encrypts the path so you need their media player drivers to work with MyMovies. It works very well but won't work for XBMC due to the encryption of paths.

I use their media player drivers, so no issue there. So it will pop up on the screen asking her if she wants to copy, and she just clicks yes? If so, that WILL work. What I don't want her to have to do is open the NAS, create a folder, open AnyDVD and chooser how to rip the movie. I know it's not hard to do, but I don't want to show her what to do and I don't really want get mucking around with the files on the NAS.

I'll see if I can setup a trial and give it a shot. Thank you!

Here's a MyMovies question. MyMovies failed to collect data on a couple of titles, and they have crazy names (like CRZONNF1). Anybody know how to figure out that files location, so I can see what movie it is (it's in a folder that matches the movie name) so I can then update it? And, once I tell it the proper movie name will it grab the info or do I need to do it manually?

Here's a MyMovies question. MyMovies failed to collect data on a couple of titles, and they have crazy names (like CRZONNF1). Anybody know how to figure out that files location, so I can see what movie it is (it's in a folder that matches the movie name) so I can then update it? And, once I tell it the proper movie name will it grab the info or do I need to do it manually?

If the name is gibberish you probably have an illegal character in the name or path like a space or symbol. If you know the title name you just hit the update button on the top ribbon, type in the name and select the version you have. It could not be easier.

Here's a MyMovies question. MyMovies failed to collect data on a couple of titles' date=' and they have crazy names (like CRZONNF1). Anybody know how to figure out that files location, so I can see what movie it is (it's in a folder that matches the movie name) so I can then update it? And, once I tell it the proper movie name will it grab the info or do I need to do it manually?[/quote']

If the name is gibberish you probably have an illegal character in the name or path like a space or symbol. If you know the title name you just hit the update button on the top ribbon, type in the name and select the version you have. It could not be easier.

Thanks vamp. One last question....when I insert a disc it pops up in the bottom corner with the disc info, but it's not asking me if I want to copy the disc. I'm guessing that's a setting I need to turn on somewhere? This PC is running Windows 7.

Okay...so I launched MyMovies and it popped up asking me if I wanted to add it to my library or copy to my storage device. I selected copy to storage device it popped up asking me which drive to use (this PC has two drives) and which destination. I had to select browse, create a folder and then select it as the destination.

It isn't really any easier than what I've been doing so far...my hope was to automate the process of selecting "Copy to storage device", choosing the destination, creating the folder, etc...

Here's a MyMovies question. MyMovies failed to collect data on a couple of titles' date=' and they have crazy names (like CRZONNF1). Anybody know how to figure out that files location, so I can see what movie it is (it's in a folder that matches the movie name) so I can then update it? And, once I tell it the proper movie name will it grab the info or do I need to do it manually?[/quote']

Thanks vamp. One last question....when I insert a disc it pops up in the bottom corner with the disc info, but it's not asking me if I want to copy the disc. I'm guessing that's a setting I need to turn on somewhere? This PC is running Windows 7.

Look under the options tabs for what you are asking. It actually creates the folders for you you just need to tell it where to put it. I have 3 NAS's so I'm glad it asks. A default would be good perhaps make a favorite in windows?

Archived