C4 Forums | Control4

ExtraVegetables MyMovies Dune Driver issues with 2.5.1

qVAMPIREp

This morning I rebuilt my media index using the MyMovies driver and I started to encounter problems. Several titles now cause the driver to hang. After deleting the titles I rebuilt the C4 media database successfully.... or so I thought. Now the driver is unable to play anything. The driver still turns on the dune player but it never starts the movie. I can still navigate to the correct folder and launch the movie manually. It's as if the encrypted paths no longer work. Anyone else having problems like this?

I had a similar issue as well. I changed the login credentials from NFS to SMB by adding a user name (guest) for the Mymovies virtual drive in composer. Before, I didn't have any username in the driver which causes my movies to stream using NFS, but after I added the guest access, it uses SMB automatically and it worked fine. For some reason it wouldn't read them as NFS anymore.

That did the trick! Thanks bbassinger, I never would have tried that.

A few more bugs to crush: 1) Some movies no longer load with the driver, 2) The iPad driver is now flaky. After the movie is stopped it won't let me select another title to watch. The touchscreen is non responsive...

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked! As far as your other bugs:

1) They no longer play through the Dune, they don't load into the C4 navigator, or you can't select them from either the dune or the c4 navigator?

2) I don't have use my ipad for anything c4 related (other than reading the forum), but may be able to help if you are a little more specific. What "driver" are you using on the ipad and do you mean the ipad itself is unresponsive after playing a movie?

I'm getting ready to switch over to MyMovies...hopefully this saves me some headaches.

I would definitely hold off for now... After I added the password I could play the movies that would load, but now more movies that previously loaded fail. Something about the driver is broken.

I'm getting ready to switch over to MyMovies...hopefully this saves me some headaches.

Seems to work pretty good for me, I have it running on a little HP NL40 server,with WHS 2011, flexraid. The auto ripping feature of the server edition is awesome,

Seems to work pretty good for me' date=' I have it running on a little HP NL40 server,with WHS 2011, flexraid. The auto ripping feature of the server edition is awesome,[/quote']

Try rebuilding your C4 media index using the EV driver in Composer....

I would definitely hold off for now... After I added the password I could play the movies that would load' date=' but now more movies that previously loaded fail. Something about the driver is broken.[/quote']

If you have multiple drives where the movies are stored, they all need to have guest access turned on for the passwords to work. It's not always on by default. Once I changed the passwords, mine has been pretty flawless.

Well...what I have right now works great, it just requires more intervention on my part than I would like. I don't want to pay $250 for it to work "pretty good". What I have right now works better than pretty good and I don't need to spend any money to keep it.

chrisg, tell me more about the auto ripping feature. Is this like what Diamond Design has done with his server? If so, can you expand upon how you set that up? I would build a little rack mount PC specifically for this purpose if I could automate it to the point of "put movie in the drive, what 30 minutes, movie is in C4 database and ready to play". Is that what you're saying you are doing?

ILoveC4, MyMovies has a ripping function that uses AnyDVDHD. You rip the disc to a folder which adds it to MyMovies and then Control4. It's what I use all the time and works perfectly. My only problem is when I do a rebuild database using the driver in ComposerHE. Then for some reason the driver hangs on certain discs that were added without trouble manually (One at a Time). The following titles fail to work with the ExtraVeggies driver on my system: 1) Battlestar Galactica (Complete Series) (Bluray) and even if I break them up Season 4 still fails. 2) Space 1999: Complete Season One (Bluray) 3) Star Trek - Season 2 (Bluray). These are all Bluray rips that play fine, add fine when added individually but fail the media database rebuild.

When you say it has a ripping function, what does that mean? I have AnyDVDHD now. When it is time to rip a movie, I put it in the drive on my computer. I open a file explorer and navigate to the Movies folder on my NAS. I create a folder with the name of the movie. I then use ANYDVDHD to rip the movie to that folder. If it's a DVD I rip the disc to the HDD, if it's a Bluray I make an ISO. Either way, I save it to that folder. When it's complete, I run a scan of the Media with C4, and check the database to make sure it downloaded all the info.

If I got MyMovies, is the only change going to be more reliable data look up? Does it automate the looking up of the data once it sees a file added? Can you set it up to automatically do everything once the disc is inserted?

When you say it has a ripping function, what does that mean? I have AnyDVDHD now. When it is time to rip a movie, I put it in the drive on my computer. I open a file explorer and navigate to the Movies folder on my NAS. I create a folder with the name of the movie. I then use ANYDVDHD to rip the movie to that folder. If it's a DVD I rip the disc to the HDD, if it's a Bluray I make an ISO. Either way, I save it to that folder. When it's complete, I run a scan of the Media with C4, and check the database to make sure it downloaded all the info.

If I got MyMovies, is the only change going to be more reliable data look up? Does it automate the looking up of the data once it sees a file added? Can you set it up to automatically do everything once the disc is inserted?

The EV driver on your HC looks to the MyMovies DB on your PC and scrapes the database for the movies on your NAS from there and populated the C4 DB.

It does this every 60 seconds when the PC is on and if the PC is not on it does not worry about doing it (no impact on your C4 system).

So you would change to using MyMovies to rip the movie (and MyMovies seamlessly borrows from AnyDVD to decrypt the DVD) then when it is on the NAS the MyMovies DB updates and then the C4 updates within the minute without the need to open Composer and rescan.

Here is another post of mine on this

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?pid=122375#p122375

and the EV instructions

http://www.extravegetables.com/sites/default/files/Rip%20Tag%20Play%20-%20A%20Guide%20to%20Movie%20Serving.pdf

Well...what I have right now works great, it just requires more intervention on my part than I would like. I don't want to pay $250 for it to work "pretty good".

Yeah well said. It's fine for it to cost $250... but built into that price should be 100% effectiveness.

So has EV sorted this? Was there any talk at the cedia booth as to what's going on.?

Well...what I have right now works great' date=' it just requires more intervention on my part than I would like. I don't want to pay $250 for it to work "pretty good".[/quote']

Yeah well said. It's fine for it to cost $250... but built into that price should be 100% effectiveness.

So has EV sorted this? Was there any talk at the cedia booth as to what's going on.?

They told me they would investigate after CEDIA.

I would definitely hold off for now... After I added the password I could play the movies that would load' date=' but now more movies that previously loaded fail. Something about the driver is broken.[/quote']

You need to rebuild the media index from the actions tab of the driver. The password is built into the hashed location and if you don't rebuild the index then the earlier ripped media won't know about the password.

You need to rebuild the media index from the actions tab of the driver. The password is built into the hashed location and if you don't rebuild the index then the earlier ripped media won't know about the password.

The password issues have been resolved but when I rebuild the media index from the actions tab of the driver, some of the titles fail to load into Control4's media library and hang the driver. When I delete the titles in MyMovies, the driver resumes indexing. There is no reason that I can see why this occurs since the titles load fine when added one at a time. It's the rebuild that causes the issues on certain titles. Most are fine, but some of them will not load into Control4's media database using the rebuild action tab of the driver.

Hi All, Bit late getting back here sorry. The ripping function only works on the my movies server edition as far as I know, once up and running all you do is put the disk in the drive and close, it opens once completed. The EV driver will then pick up on the new movie and be loaded onto the C4 interface. Another great feature is that it rip's music in 2 different formats, so you could use say Flac and a low bit rate for purely portable version. I also believe it has some transcoding function that it will do on the fly when streaming but have never got into it.

It is a bit pricey as you need to purchase a full version of mymovies, anydvd, the EV driver and associated media player drivers, but once all up and running works great, the only issue is to date there is no way of getting anydvd to skip bad sectors, so damaged disks will fail.

Lets put it this way, my wife can do it (:

Can anybody tell me what i'm doing wrong.

I download MyMovies, trying to log in to the account but I'm getting error messages. " Your Account is not Yet activated, an email link was sent and should activate through the link". I checked my email including the junk folder. There is nothing in it. I tried the "lost password/ account" feature but still have not received any email.

I download MyMovies, trying to log in to the account but I'm getting error messages. " Your Account is not Yet activated, an email link was sent and should activate through the link". I checked my email including the junk folder. There is nothing in it. I tried the "lost password/ account" feature but still have not received any email.

Is it possible you gave a wrong email address?

I download MyMovies' date=' trying to log in to the account but I'm getting error messages. " Your Account is not Yet activated, an email link was sent and should activate through the link". I checked my email including the junk folder. There is nothing in it. I tried the "lost password/ account" feature but still have not received any email.[/quote']

I tried to re-register but the error message stated the email address has been registered and to check my email link to Activate the account. Assuming if your are correct , How do I go by it.

I download MyMovies' date=' trying to log in to the account but I'm getting error messages. " Your Account is not Yet activated, an email link was sent and should activate through the link". I checked my email including the junk folder. There is nothing in it. I tried the "lost password/ account" feature but still have not received any email.[/quote']

I tried to re-register but the error message stated the email address has been registered and to check my email link to Activate the account. Assuming if your are correct , How do I go by it.

Anything on Junk/Spam Mail?

Hi All, Bit late getting back here sorry. The ripping function only works on the my movies server edition as far as I know, once up and running all you do is put the disk in the drive and close, it opens once completed. The EV driver will then pick up on the new movie and be loaded onto the C4 interface. Another great feature is that it rip's music in 2 different formats, so you could use say Flac and a low bit rate for purely portable version. I also believe it has some transcoding function that it will do on the fly when streaming but have never got into it.

It is a bit pricey as you need to purchase a full version of mymovies, anydvd, the EV driver and associated media player drivers, but once all up and running works great, the only issue is to date there is no way of getting anydvd to skip bad sectors, so damaged disks will fail.

Lets put it this way, my wife can do it (:

This is the functionality that I want, and something I'd be willing to pay for.

I already have AnyDVDHD and the Popcorn Hour(s) working/integrated. All I need to buy now is MyMovies Server Edition and the EV MM driver.

So, from what I can see here (http://www.mymovies.dk/home/purchase-points.aspx) it looks like it will cost me 1,250 ($50) for the MyMovies Server Edition that I need. Is that correct, or do I need the 2,500 point one ($100)? The different plans/products are here: http://www.mymovies.dk/products/home-and-essentials-server.aspx

Thinking about it now though, I'm guessing that the Server edition that automates the ripping process (what I really want) is not able to run on my desktop PC that I use to rip the movies, is it? Do I need to build a dedicated box to run WHS 2011 for just this purpose? If I decide to do that, could this do double duty and serve some other purpose? If I have to build a PC for this purpose, the value proposition may no longer be there...

Archived