C4 Forums | Control4

How do I create........ ?

prabeau

Trying to figure out how to create an event (single tap a button) that will set off a series of actions at a specific time like when you setup a scheduled event.

Would like to tap button to turn off all lights (done) and start a sequence that would turn on various lights at given times throughout the house.

I have done this with schedulers.

I would start with a schedule with either Sunset or Time but in this case can I make a schedule active with a button action. ?

Maybe I am making this more complicated then it should be !

Thanks

P

Use timers instead of delays. If you want things to happen at certain intervals after pushing the button, that is. eg. light1 turns on 10 minutes later, light2 turns on 2 hours later, etc.

If instead you'd rather have lights that turn on at certain times of the night, but only after pressing the button, you can have the scheduled events set up, but have the button set a variable to TRUE or FALSE then have the scheduler check if that variable is TRUE before it turns on lights at those times.

Use timers instead of delays. If you want things to happen at certain intervals after pushing the button, that is. eg. light1 turns on 10 minutes later, light2 turns on 2 hours later, etc.

If instead you'd rather have lights that turn on at certain times of the night, but only after pressing the button, you can have the scheduled events set up, but have the button set a variable to TRUE or FALSE then have the scheduler check if that variable is TRUE before it turns on lights at those times.

Thank you, that is the way I will attempt this.

P

This is killing me.......:mad:

I understand the variable part but how do you get a scheduled event (day,night,date etc) to arm itself or check weather it should or not.

I see nothing under conditionals for scheduler.....

I hate asking what may seem obvious to some but I have been at this for way too long ....I need to get a life......;)

Archived