C4 Forums | Control4

GE Concord and Serial Commands

So here is the skinny. Locally we have an alarm company that is somewhat uncooperative (to say the least) with customers and others. When a customer jumps ship and comes to us he tries charging them anywhere from $250 to $500 to RESET the panel. Now when I say panel I mean he clears the panel, all sensors and such instead of changing the programming code to a simple 1234 or something. So I have been researching some different avenues. 

One is to try these eeprom hacks i have found BUT dont really feel good about doing that on a customers panel.

So I just came up with another idea.....When we install an automation module on a GE panel all we have to do is a power cycle and the module is learned into the system. We then have to have the alarm company program it, or we do a system take over. If the automation module is installed and the old company logs in the serial traffic will show them making changes and such, and there in, the code.

So after this long and short message I get to the point. How can I log serial traffic on a GE panel. With the honeywell i can see traffic via LUA but the GE panels only show a single string and they change so fast! Is there a way to log this?

Thanks in advance.

Cy,

Thanks for the response....when you say shim driver, i am a bit lost. I looked and found a few aprilaire rs232 and 485 drivers. Not sure which to use.

Thanks for the help

Adam

I don't think that programming being done on the panel gets sent through the serial protocol of the panel, so serial shim or spy won't do what you want anyway.

The only indication you get is the display text says 'programming mode' while the panel is being programmed.

Sorry.

RyanE

Archived