Here is my setup:

Marantz SR7005 (Serial Driver)

Epson 5030UB Projector (Serial Driver)

LG TV (IR Driver)

Currently, under "Watch" I have: 

Direct TV

Apple TV

Dune HD

The Marantz receiver has two output (HDMI1 and HDMI2).  I'm trying to figure out how to program C4 in Composer Pro so that I can get:

TV Direct TV

TV Apple TV

TV Dune HD

PJ Direct TV

PJ Apple TV

PJ Dune HD

The problem is this.  The drivers for the SR7005 only has one output.  To switch between outputs, I'd have to use "Other Commands".  Here is what it says in the documentation:

OTHER COMMANDS:
Use Custom Buttons and Composer Programming for customers who would like to access these commands.

SELECT_HDMI_OUTPUT_1
 SELECT_HDMI_OUTPUT_2 
 AUDIO_IN_AUTO
 AUDIO_IN_HDMI
 AUDIO_IN_DIGITAL
 AUDIO_IN_ANALOG
 AUDIO_IN_7_1

So basically, I can't set another video endpoint in Connections.  Is there anything I can do to achieve the desired results?

Do I have to create another room to use the projector?  What if I got an HDMI Switch to switch between the two output rather than using the Marantz's dual output?

I would really appreciate any help or feedback!

Thanks. 

Not being in the driver may be an issue, although a splitter would easily solve this.

There's two methods of achieving this really. I assume the projector has a drop screen that falls in front of the TV?

Method one:

Use two rooms, both with their respective devices as the endpoint (and both, in programming, would be connected to the Marantz out.

Method two:

Have the Marantz be the video endpoint.

In programming, turn on the TV when the room is turned on (video selection changed).

Then program a custom button set (on apps, or color buttons on the remote etc). One button to turn off the tv and the projector on, the other to turn on the tv and the projector off.

Also program to turn off the TV and projector when the room turns off.

Method 2 allows you to switch easily and use one room. Method 1 is easier for most to set-up.

I understand that a splitter will do that, but what happens when you want to turn on the TV or select the Projector?  Wouldn't you still have to program a custom button to switch between the two TV and Projector? 

So even with a splitter, I wouldn't be able to achieve (under watch): 

TV Direct TV

TV Apple TV

TV Dune HD

PJ Direct TV

PJ Apple TV

PJ Dune HD

That's not possible under the Marantz either, even if it did have a full second hdmi zone in the driver. Your limitation is due to C4 allowing only one video end-point, not the driver.

You COULD program the Marantz as the video endpoint, have those ghost sources and program under:

when video selection changes

If source selected is TV Direct TV

--turn on TV

--turn off projector

If source selected is PJ Direct TV

--turn on projector

--turn of TV.

The biggest problem is that you would in your scenario need to:

a) have the ability to assign a single HDMI in to multiple source selections on the amp (not sure if that one does or doesn't)

B) have enough inputs in the driver to assign each source twice (again may or may not.

c) all your sources HAVE to be IR or IP as serial won't allow connecting multiple connections on the same port (real or virtual)

If all this is true, you just set HDMI input 1 to both DVD and BD, and connect one DuneHD driver to DVD in, one to BD in and so on..

Personally I prefer having one of each source and just have green/red switch between what I'm using - keeps it more consistent across all rooms. But there's no real right or wrong here.

The biggest trick if wanting to do a single room with two potential 'TV's' is making a receiver (or a video switch out) to the systems 'video-endpoint' and programming TV/Projector to turn on/off. If you don't, and the TV is for example is the end-point, every time you change sources that TV will turn on.

I looks like your Method 2 from above is the easiest way to do this based on the limitations of C4.  

I'm trying to figure out how I can program the colored buttons, because in some sources (Like Direct TV), those colored buttons are used.  

Ok. Done this many time.

First of all for get about the two video endpoint. Set the marantz receiver to give HDMI out on both OUTPUTS. You have the HDMI DUAL output.

Next thing in programming keep the single sources. You have mentioned the sources for projector and TV separately you don't have to do that. 

with Little bit of Composer programming you can avoid this.

I am writing down some step please go through that.

> Make to separate room for TV and Projector

>keep the projector in Dummy room

>in connection tab make TV as Video endpoint.

>marantz has dual HDMI output you dont have to make connection for projector.

>As long as you playing on TV when you select the sources from the WATCH button it will turn on the TV First.

> Now when you want to watch on the projector you have to make two custom buttons for this.

>Make two custom Buttons"Big Screen" and Small Screen"

>Make one Variable "Swap"

>Now when you are watching on TV and you want to shift to the projector a single press of a button will set the projector ON,TV OFF,Screen Down....

Let me know if you stuck at any point.

The above is a rather bit of a work around. It also means that if at any time you change sources while viewing the projector, the TV will turn back on.

Stick with marantz as video endpoint, no need for two rooms. Turn TV on when room is powered on:

WHEN panges

IF room is on

--turn on TV

Then program one or two buttons as available for the swap.

On room off program both the TV and the projector to turn off. No need for IF statements there as the system will keep proper track.

As I already said in 'Method 2' above

Archived