C4 Forums | Control4

HC200 failure? that houses zigbee

I came home today and couldn't turn on any lights.  After rebooting the HC1000 among other HC200s, was able to get music working and certain things working, but no lights or remotes.  I found that my kitchen HC200 power supply failed.  The kitchen HC200 that had the power supply fail appears to be the zigbee server for my system.  Once I installed a good power supply, the kitchen HC200 still will not connect (the ip network connections address is blank).  I tried to press the link button and it thinks it's the HC200 from my living room, but that has an HC200 that is operable and connected.  How can I tell if the kitchen HC200 has failed?  And is it possible to take another HC200 from another room (say my study HC200) and install in the kitchen to get this working again?  I"m currently not using the study HC200 because the tv failed.

This is two power supplies in the last 3 years that have failed. The last one I was able to take the power supply from a different HC200 and it was more or less plug and play.  In this case, not so plug and play.  Is anyone else having problems with power supplies failing prematurely?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I"m currently on v1.8.2.

I am experiencing the same problem with the CH200 and the zigbee server. And am looking at moving the program over to a CH300. Can anyone provide tips or ideas on moving the program and reinitiating communications with the field sensors.

Not being a jerk but your controllers should all be in a UPC's . My whole rack is on a UPC power filter distribution as well batt power backup ..

I know you guys say it's the power supply's but haveing a power filter helps deliver clean and stable power to you gear !!

Archived