C4 Forums | Control4

Couple of questions

So, my system is working smoothly, however I've noticed that my HC-800 is not showing up as attached to the network.  Specifically if I open up the folder view on Windows 8 the 800 does not show up under either network on the tree view or under Computer, Media Devices, Network Infrastructure, or anyplace else.  Also if setting up a new storage location in the 800 for say MyMovies its not shown there either.  However if I scan the network with an say "Advance IP Scanner" or similar it shows up under the proper IP address.  Its also connected as I can ping it and enter the address in my browser. It is unusual though when I do this, I'm use to just getting a C4 logo but when I enter the IP address of the 800 I get a folder structure view.   Thoughts?

Also just had several new switches installed and they seem to be rather loud when switching, is this normal?  

Well...  Yeah, its not that clear but I've now managed to get done what I was looking to do. HA! Though the controller still does not show up on my network map. But oh well.

Still have the question on the switches and if they should be loud, when switching...

Archived