C4 Forums | Control4

Media scene not turning off when deactivated

ricke

I was following a nice guide in the Composer manual for creating a Party Music media scene and I matched it exactly but while it turns on the scene with no problem it doesn't toggle it off.

I'd include the URL for the article but I'm not able to paste it into this message.

Essentially the script is:

When custom button "On/Off" on screen 'Media Scene' in Family Room is pressed

? If Room Family Room Active Media Scene is 'TRUE"

=> Deactivate scene 'Party Mode'

? If Room Family Room Active Media Scene is 'FALSE'

=> Activate scene 'Party Mode' based on Last Selected Room

To test it, I am first selecting some music and playing it on a 7" TouchPad wall mounted in the Family Room.  Then I am pressing the Media Scene/On/Off custom button.

All of the rooms I had configured under Agents/Media Scene/'Party Mode' all turn on and are playing the same music as what is playing in the Family Room.   But when I press the On/Off button again, it doesn't toggle the media scene off.  Nothing seems to happen.

Is there a possibly a mistake in the example instructions?  is there something else I need to add to the programming to enable those rooms have their music playing stopped?

Thanks,

Rick

Oh it's turning it off, but it's turning it on again right away, you need to add a stop after the first bit, or the system will keep reading the script. As it just deactivated the scene in the previous part, the variable now reads FALSE so the IF statement is now recognized so:

? If Room Family Room Active Media Scene is 'TRUE"

=> Deactivate scene 'Party Mode'

=>stop ------ this will cause the system to stop reading on, and thus executing the next part

? If Room Family Room Active Media Scene is 'FALSE'

=> Activate scene 'Party Mode' based on Last Selected Room

stop is found under programming control at the bottom of the list, right-hand window under programming

Ok that makes perfect sense.  Made the changes.  I am testing it in Composer and am seeing it properly show under Agents/Media Scenes that the scene is being Activated/Deactivated but a deactivation doesn't actually seem to turn off the music.  Since the example uses a button name of On/Off I was thinking that the scene would Activate (turn on those rooms) and Deactivate (turn off the same rooms).   is that not what activate/deactivate a scene does?  I'm just looking for a simple way of when the party is over to turn off the music for all of the rooms in the scene.

Thanks!

Rick

OK so once deactivated the rooms no longer are bound together to play a source.   If I wanted to combine programming to turn off audio for each of the rooms during a media scene deactivation, can I loop through all of the rooms that are part of a Media Scene and turn them off or would I need to manually custom code the deactivate logic to add each room in the programming and turn it off?

Thanks,

Rick

Archived