C4 Forums | Control4

HC 300 won't link, very frustrated!!!! Help please!

My HC300 just will not link. The HC 300 in the theater runs the entire system. I can not get the software on line. I have tried to reset the HC300 multiple times, I have left it unplugged for a week and still it will not link. I am running 1.82. I have 2 other HC 300s in the program. My understanding is that I can not get those online until I get the main unit up and running, is that right? Can anyone help me with this? Real close to scrapping control 4 for a simpler solution. I have a router btwn my internet connection and the HC300 but it has not been a problem before. I even took the ethernet connection direct and bypassed the router, still nothing.

Is the power LED indicator brightly lit or does it seem dim, if it seems 'normal' then also check to see if the indicator lights around the network port are lit.

If the power is dim or there are no port lights it could be a power-supply issue. Not good but it's not impossible to get one yourself and replace.

If bright and network ports are lit, it will be difficult to troubleshoot it further.

Should you have a back-up of the project, it would be possible to start the director process on one of the other controllers (making sure the 'bad' 300 is not up and running), load the project onto that and get the rest going, although it may involve re-building the ZigBee mesh.

Was getting ready to upgrade but I know that will take away my DIY ability. That is why I have been hanging on....

I hear what you are saying but you are severely limiting yourself to past functionality.  I, for one, would toss a system still on Ember.  I now understand why you would abandon C4. 

• 3 months later...

So it seems I'm having a similar issue...

The 300 on my system is not registering anywhere in my project. The link light is dim... the power light is solid and the network ports do show some activity. What do I do?

Archived