C4 Forums | Control4

Saving a Project

K3NA

Just a quick question regarding saving a project.

After I have added a movie to my NAS drive then open up composer HE and do a scan. It finds the movie, then I do a few changes, like change the synopsis etc. When I exit composer I get the option to save the project with or without the media data. I always save with the media data but it seems to take quite a long time to do this. 

My question is, is it necessary to do this or do I just exit composer without saving anything.

I back my project up every couple of months, or after I've made major programming changes.

You don't need to back it up every time. Just do it once in a while and frankly, the media backup is the least of my worries (I use MyMovies). I'm worried about the rest of the project.

Most of my backups do not include media for that very reason.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

If you do a lot of media editing, you do want to save media, also if you have lots of custom/keypad buttons starting music playlists, channels, start movies or go to favorite TV channels - loading a project without the media will mean re-adding that info AND re-doing the programming.

That said, you don't need to back-up after every edit, and the 'save project' is PURELY the back-up, is isn't saving it to the system itself - that is done real-time as you make the changes.

Archived