C4 Forums | Control4

Outside Temp Problem

Im having a problem with the exterior temp display on all of my navigators. Being from Canada i have it set to display in C but currently it is displaying in F.

For the past two years, and up until last Sunday it has always displayed C. My family and I went away for 4 days and when we came home on Thursday it was displaying F.

While I was away my Airport Extreme router died so i replaced it when i got home and I used apple's migration process to swap it so all settings transferred over to the new unit. Other than that there was absolutely no changes to my C4 system.

C is selected on the main project screen. I have 3 thermostats, one is online and C is selected on it. The other two are offline but F is selected on them (and they won't switch over to C). The two that are offline are only used to turn off fireplaces when the room reaches a certain temp. The two that are offline are bound to the rooms that they are in.

Is there a specific room in the project that the main thermostat has to be bound to for the outside temp to be displayed in C or do all 3 of them need to be online.

If the 2 that are offline are causing the problem I will have to delete them.

Not sure why all of a sudden this problem started. Your help would be appreciated.

I already tried rebooting the system.

Thanks

Well, what system version are you one. If it's fairly recent, C/F settings are not dependent on a t-stat at all anymore. Also, touchscreens that are on 2.x version nav displays, go to apps - weather and toggle c/f settings there. On reboot, on occasion, that setting changes and seem to cause some odd display conflict with the default outside display.

The off-line tstat are likely not related directly - but to start getting an idea of what to do some system versions would be good to have.

At 2.5.2 temp display does not require the t-stat to be celcius unlike earlier 2.x version, however I wonder if the off-line tstats are throwing things off somehow. I assume they are not supposed to be off-line? You may want to try getting those re-identified, set main project temp to f, refresh, back to c and refresh then reboot main controller.

Archived