C4 Forums | Control4

Axis Cameras not working on Control4

I have 3 Axis 207w IP cameras that i am trying to connect to control4 HC250 controller. The cameras are setup on my network. I can log into each one and view the video feed from chrome with no hassle. However when i add them to my project and enter the IP address and log in details then the Project keeps giving me a the red cross and adn red writing saying "retrying test (try 2)". has anyone got any suggestions?

Rayrodo

I have the exact same problem with Axis cameras and my C4 system. I have tried everything to get them to work with no luck. I get the exact same results that you posted above. All of my other cameras integrate perfect but for some unknown reason the Axis ones will not.

If you get yours working please share your solution.

My camera were 2100's.

check to see if the port that you setup the camera on in C4 is the same as how it is configured in the camera's web interface.

I have double checked the ports as well as tried the Host name rather than the IP address. And still nothing.

Hmm.  I have a number of Axis cameras and haven't had a problem with them.  Sounds from your description like you are on pre 2.5.3.  Try and upgrade to 2.5.3 with the new Axis camera driver and see if that works.

I am on 2.5.3. I eventually got hold of my local Guru in SA and he has configured the cameras using the universal axis driver and then adding more info like the web address of the camera. it works now after a long winded way

I am on 2.5.3. I eventually got hold of my local Guru in SA and he has configured the cameras using the universal axis driver and then adding more info like the web address of the camera. it works now after a long winded way

Excellent.  Glad you got taken care of.  Now, if anyone has a new Lilin driver they'd like to share, please post :-)  My last cam in the system using the old stuff.

Archived