C4 Forums | Control4

dsc alarm it 100

Having issues with It 100 working nit more than 1 maybe 2 days max, every thing seems to work ok for a short time ,my dealer is perplex and cant seem to solve the problem,its been going on for months now and they tried changing the entire alarm system, changed my controller (hc 800 ), change location of it 100 , wiring from it100 to controler, now the it 100 is plug directly in the control 4 system, they changed the drivers, any help would be appreciated.

thanks

I have no problems using the IT100 against the HC-800.  When I did have issues is when I was on the HC-1000/300 and then the IT100 needed a power R&R upon reboot of the controller.  You seem to have addressed all of what I'd go after.  Is the HC-800 in good shape??  Why the F would someone change the alarm system and not the 800?

I've seen the ICT having issues using the shield when connecting to controllers. It could be that, try either using a 3rd party such as the Global Cache iTach, the Houselogix unit to replace the ICT or see if the cable can be modded to disconnect the shield. The latter at least is the cheapest option to try, and it should give you no grief if just using a short jump from module to ICT (recommended to do that by the way - serial doesn't like long direct runs, the bus connection to the security panels does not suffer this limitation).

Ok ill see if he can try some of these suggestion, the latest thing he is blaming is my original wirring ( replace my alarm panal when i installed c4) but kept my original wirring to my motions and door contacts ,everything is new out of boxes, the it 100 is plug directly in the hc 800 and cat5 wirring goes to the alarm panel about 30 f away.

I've got the same issue here. I'm still on 1.7 and just recently moved director from a Media Controller to an HC300 (left it100 connected to MC). That didn't help. It worked fine for over a year, but then lost connection twice, and haven't gotten it back since the last time. Since I've got it in the alarm panel versus near controller, so I'll try changing that next. I'm guessing the other drivers are of no use to a 1.7 system ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the it100 located? I had intermittent problems with the it100 in my former house and reboots solved it, but it generally wasn't that short a timeline. New dealer is putting the alarm integration module in my rack rather than in the alarm panel. Apparently the rs232 is less tolerant of the distance than the wires between the integration module and the panel.

Not sure if that's the problem, but it's easy to test.

If I were to go primarily on my experience, cabling was not in the equation.  Somewhere after a controller change and one OS upgrade, reboots were not needed.  Never had a problem since.  Serial gets a bad rap based on the theoretical 50 ft. max cable length.  I have run many different industrial test equipment off of serial in some of the most dirtiest EMI rooms using nothing more than Belden 8332 and never had a single problem.

If I were to go primarily on my experience, cabling was not in the equation.  Somewhere after a controller change and one OS upgrade, reboots were not needed.  Never had a problem since.  Serial gets a bad rap based on the theoretical 50 ft. max cable length.  I have run many different industrial test equipment off of serial in some of the most dirtiest EMI rooms using nothing more than Belden 8332 and never had a single problem.

True, but it depends on baud rate as well - the ICT 100 as well as the Concord Superbus have been know to have issues with cables over 30f, let alone over 50f - so if one DOES have issues, moving it may be the solution.

Best to just plan it that way from the start, either way you need a wire from one to the other, so it just makes sense to use the method known to work always, vs one that has been known to fail at times.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived