C4 Forums | Control4

Gas Fireplace using Control4

Morning all:

So I have run into a snag and was hoping to get a little help.  I want to control my gas fireplace thru control4 so what I have done is removed the old rocker switch next to the fireplace and installed a control4 switch (C4-SW120277).  The gas fireplace is operated by IR remote, just fyi.  Then I used a Card Access relay and all works fine when the switch is on.  But I want to get fancy.

so when I want to control the fireplace I have to turn on the control4 switch either manually or by the control4 gui.  then I can turn on or off the fireplace to my hearts content thru the Comfort Controls under the control4 gui. 

As I said I want to get fancy.  So inside composer under programming I went to the Gas Fireplace icon and under the section 'When the gas fireplace is turned off' I added turn off the control4 switch and the opposite when I turn it on.

So the problem is......that when I hit the gui button it wont light the fire because it wont turn the fireplace switch on.  but when the fireplace is running and I turn it off it will not only turn the fire off but it will turn the switch off as well, but just not on.

Im open to ideas.

You should be able to turn that switch on through programming.  I'm not sure where you have that fireplace icon within your GUI but if nothing else you could create a custom button that says "fireplace on".  Then it programming when you hit the custom button you program the switch to come on and the IR "on" code to be set.

My question is why ever turn it off? It isn't like when the switch is on the flame is on. I'd turn the switch on, disconnect the buttons from the load and use the switch like a two button keypad.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

I like to have the wall switch still to be able to turn it off for anyone in my home that didn't have access to the control4 gui.  I have it setup to where you can still use the IR remote or use the control4

I like to have the wall switch still to be able to turn it off for anyone in my home that didn't have access to the control4 gui.  I have it setup to where you can still use the IR remote or use the control4

But if the switch is always on, you can always use the IR remote to control the flame.

Detach the loads, and use the switch like a keypad. That's what I'd do.

Archived