C4 Forums | Control4

Strange SR 250 Issue

I have 3 SR 250's in the house but one of them has a strange quirk that I can't figure out.  I have 2 Comcast DVR's in the house and all have been working for 4 years.  I am on the latest build and upgraded months ago.  For the last few weeks, one of my remotes is NOT able to PAUSE the DVR or skip ahead 15 seconds.  The other 2 are able to perform this function.  All other functions on the quirky remote work fine to control the DVR, it's simple the phase and SKIP AHEAD button that don't work.

How could it be that 2 remotes work perfectly and the 3rd loses only these 2 functions??

Also, it doesn't matter which DVR box I choose, the quirky remote won't initiate pause.

If I move to my Apple TV, that too will not PAUSE so my thought is that the mapping of the original remote file somehow became corrupted on 1 remote.  Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot this?

Jon

sounds like the physical contacts on the remote may not be function or defective. If you have a dealer you might want him to remote in and see if the remote is sending commands with the button pushes. If it is not it is possible to repair or you might just replace the remote. Also check if still under warranty.

Yeah, sounds like a broken remote. All the remote send the same command, so the problem is clearly the remote not sending the command. If it would pause one source but not another that would be different.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Archived