C4 Forums | Control4

Custom Button Event/Station Programming

CFUG

To be clear, I would like to get around the "ALL ROOMS" nature of Custom Buttons.  Calling-up material such as video in all rooms is not what I call the norm...  Favs are nice but I would like to use Custom Buttons in the same manner.

select the button or custom button you created on the event side

then on the action side.....select the room you want the music to play in, select the "select media" and pick broadcast audio for a radio station (might be a bit more to it depending on what your using)...ie: TuneIn will need a favorite before it will show under broadcast audio

for Rhapsody, select rhapsody channels in the "select media" for that room as well

Right, well that's how I found out that Custom Buttons don't work that way.  I had  programmed a station to play in another room by accident.  There is no way to sense what panel/room the action was called-up in and execute only in that room.  Only Favs do that as I see it.

i understand what he is asking for and composer does not work that way. you need to program the button in each room individually. becuase you can use any button any where to control any room so it does not matter what room the button is in because it can control anything in the system regardless of location.

OK, I think I know what my problem is.  Dealer labeled buttons as <name>"ALL ROOMS".  So, I guess he selected All Rooms option at the very top of the stack when he set-up the individual functionality of each button.  So, you guys are saying just wipe-out what he did and start programming same functionality but this time for each room required?

Wiped-out the dealer stuff (all rooms) and started over with just a few room-specific audio stations.  I told my daughter to do the programming as punishment for making me listen to One Direction in my office, kitchen, family room, etc...  Thanks for the help guys!

Archived