C4 Forums | Control4

Get door station to record with NVR

Wait, your saying that your dealer sold you a door station with absolutely no dedicated screens that work with it??

We there is your problem right there, Stop posting here and walk that piece of equipment back to your dealer. They screwed up and owe you a FULL refund. I must admit I am amazed that any Control4 dealer would sell you an door station without the required touchscreens, but crap happens.

You did use a local dealer and not try to buy it off ebay right? This is gonna be an easy solution, Demand a FULL refund.

Good luck 

Brent

I did buy from a local dealer and nothing was mentioned about the screen. I've spoken with C4 and they have been fantastic. They are stepping up and issuing a refund for the unit.

So now I'm getting a refund for the unit and need to figure out if there's a camera I can retrofit into the housing...any thoughts? If not, another door station that's about (or exactly) the same size would be awesome.

So now I'm getting a refund for the unit and need to figure out if there's a camera I can retrofit into the housing...any thoughts? If not, another door station that's about (or exactly) the same size would be awesome.

Glad you got the refund.  Axis makes a series of covert cameras (Axis P12) that might work - no idea on cost.  http://www.axis.com/en/products/p12_series/index.htm

Check on logenex doorstations as well, they are slightly smaller, but a simple modification may make it look clean still. These have standard cctv cameras that can be tied to a converter to make them available on the NVR.

Archived